View Full Version : Warcraft 3 crashes on bnet connection

January 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Title says it all.

Just picked up a copy of Warcraft, followed instructions on appdb.winehq.com, doubleclicked Frozen Throne.exe after adding the opengl registry.

Single player seems smooth and without glitches, but connecting to battle.net results in Frozen Throne crashing at "Downloading data files" 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, it doesn't move at all from the screen, not sure whether it's because of the Taiwan earthquake (i live in southeast asia). Using the -window command doesn't seem to cause anycrashes, but the game can't be played well from that point of view anyway.

From the WineHQ applications database here (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3126&iTestingId=8225) it seems they also have the same problem.

Any solutions?

Renato Souza
December 15th, 2008, 02:02 AM
I am having the same issues.

Cant play the game.

December 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I'm having these problems as well. I can log into battlenet, but eventually the entire thing just freezes up.

December 5th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I think I've found a fix. I haven't tried out any games on bnet, but it definitely isn't freezing anymore.

Follow the instructions under get battlenet working:


Make sure to check the syntax of the commands, I had a lot of trouble with that, as it's off a little.