PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite game console?

MkfIbK7a
January 15th, 2007, 03:56 AM
If you hate sony or nintendo plz say so and say what you voted for!

wert:D

MkfIbK7a
January 15th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Sorry i didnt organize the options very well...

Biggus
January 15th, 2007, 04:28 AM
The Atari 2600.

Every game on the machine is a classic.

Except that one about the alien. I believe that a copy or two (million) can still be found buried in New Mexico.

seijuro
January 15th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I don't really hold any loyalty to systems I float to the system that has the games I want to play. I'm a big Squaresoft fan so the system with the most square titles gets my attention first.

rabid9797
January 15th, 2007, 04:34 AM
xbox 360 :)

darweth
January 15th, 2007, 08:27 AM
xbox 360.

i may not like their operating systems, but i do like their consoles. :P

guitarmaniac
January 15th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Definitly the micro$oft consoles, they have much more ergonomic controllers and better games (Halo 2 is still one of the best games around).
However the PS3 looks promising, how good would it be to have ubuntu running on your PlayStation 3 (that'll stop all the complaining about linux not being much of an option for gamers :p )!!!

slimdog360
January 15th, 2007, 08:50 AM
wii, caused I gots one.

mvaniersel
January 15th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Except that one about the alien. I believe that a copy or two (million) can still be found buried in New Mexico.

You're referring to ET:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(Atari_2600)

tbroderick
January 15th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Snes.

oyvindaa
January 15th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I dig the NES and the SNES, there were some great games for those consoles.

However, these days I've got a PS2 and I intend to buy a PS3 when the price drops.

derjames
January 15th, 2007, 11:03 AM
The Atari 2600. I still remember 'Gravitar' it was very difficult to control the spaceship...

hoagie
January 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Xbox 360

Stew2
January 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Wii for me, its a blast!

Regards,
Stew2

sloggerkhan
January 15th, 2007, 12:23 PM
only 2 consoles I've ever liked are NES and Wii. The rest I find kinda stupid/annoying. (Though I never use atari or any of the really old ones.)

shrimphead
January 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
request: split out the ps1,2,3 into separate categories, the ps2 is one of my favourite consoles but IMHO the PS3 is a steaming pile of cack.

BWF89
January 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Where is the option for Sega Dreamcast? Dreamcast was in the same generation as Gamecube, Xbox, and Playstation 2.

Dragonfly_X
January 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Atari 2600, Nintendo 16-bit (Mario Bros 3), PS2 :D

Waiting for my PS3!!!

tom-ubuntu
January 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Voted for Wii. Never had that much fun with a console in multiplayer modes.

Also for the classics like NES and SNES. Actually I really like Nintendo consoles because of the their games.

... However the PS3 looks promising, ...
IMHO it does not offer anything new. Or about what did you think?

Severa
January 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Old school favorites would have to be the Atari 2600 and NES.

Current favorite is the PS2 (even if I suck at most fighting games like Tekken and resort to smashing buttons and praying I get a combo to go off :) )

davebgimp
January 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
I definitely have to vote for the Wii, especially since they have the virtual console titles. It's like having 4 or five systems in one and they add new old-school games all the time.

darrenm
January 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
My Wii rocks.

I cant get over how good it is. My brother-in-law had an Xbox 360 at the same time I had my Wii. I've never seen or played an Xbox 360 before and he had never seen or played a Wii. He played on my Wii on Wii Sports and Rayman raving Rabbids and enjoyed every minute. Then when he showed me his Xbox 360 he was really embarrased about it. We played CoD and it was really awkward trying to shoot people using those controllers. Its just like any other old style console but with better graphics. The Wii is a whole new thing though, even my 55yr old Father wants one after playing Tennis on Wii Sports. Rayman Raving Rabbids has to be the funniest, most original, warped game ever. I can't stop playing the end of level shoot em ups, shooting plungers at demented Rabbits House of the Dead style. :D

darrenm
January 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
double post

BWF89
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I voted for old systems. There was no Dreamcast option and I mainly use my DC to play emulators for the old systems.

Henry Rayker
January 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I like my modded xbox...not that I really play games on it...it's just a good media center. Lately, I've been playing the Xenosaga trilogy and FFXII, so I'd say PS2...I'd like to try the Wii, sometime.

tigerpants
January 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Always found the console wars a bit daft really. Would be far more sensible if they could all agree on one platform and concentrate on making the games better/more interesting/original. Afterall, its the games that matter, not who manufactures the hardware. I couldn't care less about which console can render more geek-xels than the other, all I care about about is whether a game is good or not - at £45 quid a game, its a more important point. Too much energy is spent arguing over hardware specs. Who actually really cares about that crap? Its like people that buy hifi and listen to the hifi itself, not the music they are playing on it. Ridiculous really.

Then, I'm old and cynical.:biggrin:

davebgimp
January 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
Always found the console wars a bit daft really. Would be far more sensible if they could all agree on one platform and concentrate on making the games better/more interesting/original. Afterall, its the games that matter, not who manufactures the hardware. I couldn't care less about which console can render more geek-xels than the other, all I care about about is whether a game is good or not - at £45 quid a game, its a more important point. Too much energy is spent arguing over hardware specs. Who actually really cares about that crap? Its like people that buy hifi and listen to the hifi itself, not the music they are playing on it. Ridiculous really.

Then, I'm old and cynical.:biggrin:

What irks me more is good games licensed exclusively to one console.

darrenm
January 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
double post

Henry Rayker
January 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
The different consoles comes from the fact that, when there is one "standard" someone will come along and say, "Hey, you guys...your system sucks! I'm going to make my own!"

The fact that some games are made for only one console used to be more of a money factor, but given the vast differences in hardware in the current generation, it will become even more common, I predict. (The Xbox360 and Wii would probably be the closest two in terms of hardware, given that they're both built on the PowerPC architecture but even they have some core issues...the control schemes are totally different). This fact upsets me quite a lot; there are already games (either on the shelves or at least announced) for all three consoles that I'd love to play.

niko7865
January 22nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
N64, nothing beets Golden Eye or Zelda

tigerpants
January 22nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
The different consoles comes from the fact that, when there is one "standard" someone will come along and say, "Hey, you guys...your system sucks! I'm going to make my own!"

The fact that some games are made for only one console used to be more of a money factor, but given the vast differences in hardware in the current generation, it will become even more common, I predict. (The Xbox360 and Wii would probably be the closest two in terms of hardware, given that they're both built on the PowerPC architecture but even they have some core issues...the control schemes are totally different). This fact upsets me quite a lot; there are already games (either on the shelves or at least announced) for all three consoles that I'd love to play.

Well yeah, of course - its all about locking competitors out and consumers in. It happens too much in technology, which is why technology sucks, big style. Its retarded by companies making landgrabs for markets which benefits no one but the companies themselves. Its utterly stupid. But then human nature is.

forcesofhabit
January 22nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
If the system has a lot of RPGs, that's where I'm at.

I'm glad X-box doesn't have very many RPGs. I want nothing to do with Microsoft.

kazuya
January 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM
Playstion 1 and 2 all the way. Much better games rpg-wise and fighting game wise. The games had more diversity. The anime-like games won me over.Can't find those types of games on xbox, etc.

Mr Wrath
January 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Just a random thought...does anyone think *nix would get to the point of creating a console anytime soon?...or anytime period?

I like too many consoles...and have too many.

PS2 & Xbox 360 are at the top of the list.

Quillz
January 23rd, 2007, 12:30 AM
I've always liked the Game Boy, DS and N64.

jdhore
January 23rd, 2007, 01:42 AM
my favorite game console by far is the original Xbox...it's the most hackable/moddable and it's got the best games...i've got XBMC on mine and a NES and SNES emulator...oh, and i can still play regular Xbox games and DVD's

Choad
January 23rd, 2007, 03:05 AM
i wuv my psp

laxmanb
January 23rd, 2007, 04:59 AM
Ps2.