PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (20070111.1)

tomplast
January 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Test case type: Ubuntu Desktop CD, Ubiquity crashed before partioning was possible (BUG #79194 - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/79194)
Image ID: 20070111.1
Date of testing: 1 - 14 -07
md5sum confirmed: Couldn't find that particular md5checksum on site anymore.
Pass/Fail: Failed
Bugs identified: Not sure about that...
Other comments:

Why hasn't the keyboard layout names been localized? Like Svenska instead of Swedish or Deutsch instead of German? Is this supposed to be implemented?

I don't know if you can call this a bug but I selected Swedish as language at bootup so I expected the clock in the LiveCD to be correct but it was one hour behind (GMT instead of GMT+1 I assume). Is this a bug or just something that hasn't been implemented?

A progressbar to show that the partitioner are searching the harddrives could be nice?

BUG?: The graphics gets messed up when I press forward in the installation so I have to switch between terminal CTRL+F1 and CTRL+F7, kinda annoying.

The buttons are not immediatly changed when another language is chosen, you have to press forward before change takes place.

Oh and one more thing. When at boot and the graphical thingy loads and goes forward and back all the time it flickers when it reaches the left and the right side of the progressbar.

Couldn't hear any sound afaik either.

Maybe I will try to download Herd 2 and test it with instead.

UPDATE: Rebooting did eject my CD but no instructions of what todo next came to me. I had to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE manually.

lukon
January 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Hey, help me. I can't find the buttons allowing me to post a new thread.

I've done it before, many times. But now I can't find any such command buttons anywhere on this site. Where did it go? ](*,)

tomplast
January 14th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hey, help me. I can't find the buttons allowing me to post a new thread.

I've done it before, many times. But now I can't find any such command buttons anywhere on this site. Where did it go? ](*,)

"Make new post", look for it in the forum where you want to create a new thread.

lukon
January 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Oh. I see. I have to be in one of the forum categories before the "Post new thread" button appears. Thanks.