PDA

View Full Version : favicon for Ubuntu forum website

Nikola
November 5th, 2004, 09:23 PM
How about putting favicon on this forum, I like my bookmark toolbar to have nice icons on it. You know, to put in <head> something like:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="img/ubuntu-logo.png">:

markw
November 6th, 2004, 06:18 AM
I though it already has a Favicon :-/ It does for me, anyway.

tfwo
November 6th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Yes, I have the favicon too. Though I don't like that is't not transparent and it always displays with white background in darkish themes.

Nikola
November 6th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Strange.. I don't see it. Slashdot, OSNews, FootNotes, GnomeFiles, I see their favicons, but not for Ubuntu Forum.

bvc
November 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
i see it in epiphany, though I agree that it's quite ugly with the white, non-trans background.

ubuntu-geek
November 6th, 2004, 10:00 PM
i see it in epiphany, though I agree that it's quite ugly with the white, non-trans background.
Ok ok.. i'll fix it :)

bvc
November 8th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Ok ok.. i'll fix it :)
if you did, it's not showing for me. I deleted the old in epiphany's favicon_cache.

ubuntu-geek
November 8th, 2004, 04:35 AM
if you did, it's not showing for me. I deleted the old in epiphany's favicon_cache.
I'll post here when I get time to fix it :) probably tomorrow afternoon, unless someone wants to make one :)

bvc
November 10th, 2004, 05:46 AM
http://kernow-webhosting.com/~bvc/theme/images/u.png try this made from your forum_new.gif. I left the white inbetween thinking that it's so small that might look better? I'd have to see it I guess on a darker bkgnd.

HiddenWolf
November 13th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Hm

Somehow my firefox is not remembering favicons at all.
It shows the favicon in the bookmarks list when I've visited the site, but after I close it, the favicon is gone.

And I've not told it to block images, clean cache, cookies, or anything, nor told it to do so autmaticly.

TravisNewman
November 14th, 2004, 04:52 AM
What FF version are you using? I know they fixed this issue a while back.

HiddenWolf
November 15th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Ohh, It's fixed in FF 1.0 indeed.

Still using 1.0PR on my windows setup, and the default hoary one on linux.
mozilla's ftp's have been too crowded for me lately. :-)

*smiles*

TravisNewman
November 15th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Ohh, It's fixed in FF 1.0 indeed.

Still using 1.0PR on my windows setup, and the default hoary one on linux.
mozilla's ftp's have been too crowded for me lately. :-)

*smiles*
Yeah they need more mirrors around release times, though I've actually been using nightly releases in Ubuntu for the past few days with no trouble downloading. I usually download at about 10PM EST though.