PDA

View Full Version : enlightenment + ubuntu

TheRingmaster
January 14th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Could there ever be a time where the ubuntu team will make an ubuntu spinoff based on the enlightenment window manager? This would be awesome. It would compete with the likes of elive.

tbroderick
January 14th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Could there ever be a time where the ubuntu team will make an ubuntu spinoff based on the enlightenment window manager? This would be awesome. It would compete with the likes of elive.

Not until E17 is official or at least beta.

fuscia
January 14th, 2007, 05:32 AM
It would compete with the likes of elive.

do you say that because you just want another option, or do you not like elive? (i don't know about elive, being to cheap to download it.)

TheRingmaster
January 14th, 2007, 06:00 AM
do you say that because you just want another option, or do you not like elive? (i don't know about elive, being to cheap to download it.)

I just said that because I think it would be a GREAT addition to the family. I totally believe in *buntu domination...yah i said it.

RAV TUX
January 14th, 2007, 09:15 AM
honestly I would hold off until E18.

maniacmusician
January 14th, 2007, 09:41 AM
didn't some community volunteers already do this? I thought I saw it on digg a while back. Was mentioned here too, iirc.

maxamillion
January 14th, 2007, 09:55 AM
in the event e17 ever goes stable, i know people who would love to base a ubuntu branch on it ... but i believe it to be the unicorn of the linux world

moclippa
January 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM
http://ebuntu.org/

daka
January 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Hi

I really like enlightenment and am trying to install it. My left click doesn't bring up any applications, and I just can't seem to find them anywhere. I remember being frustrated by this sometime ago then finding the applications somehow. I am new to Linux and to Enlightenment. What might I be doing or not doing? Sometimes, especially with an app like Enlightenment, I don't know if it is a bug or my inexperience!

Thanks for any help

Rui Pais
January 16th, 2007, 11:17 PM
in the event e17 ever goes stable, i know people who would love to base a ubuntu branch on it ... but i believe it to be the unicorn of the linux world

do you wanted to say stable or released?

Because i use the unicorn for more then a year now and as been a hell of a stable unicorn! :-D

Seems that the fact that there isn't an official release (not even planned) upset a lot of people. It's just the way it is, the guys prefer to constant evolve instead of release (making a party, drink champagne, commemorate the even version numbers, update site look for each new release, and looseall nice things that people involved on a project do when release. :lol:)

Mateo
January 16th, 2007, 11:29 PM
tried enlightenment once. got it. logged on. didn't know what the hell was going on. logged out. sudo apt-get remove enlightment. that was my experience with it.

awakatanka
January 16th, 2007, 11:42 PM
tried enlightenment once. got it. logged on. didn't know what the hell was going on. logged out. sudo apt-get remove enlightment. that was my experience with it.
Did the same. But will give it a retry if i got more time. People that love k naming must love enlightenment also. it has E namings for there apps.