PDA

View Full Version : why won't this work? (css question)

oldmanstan
January 13th, 2007, 11:54 AM
please remove, i'm a dope :)

answered my own question 20 seconds after posting

Houman
January 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
hi there;

When you solve your own question it is best to leave your question, and then post your own answer. I always do this so if later on someone has a similar problem they can find your post and see your solution. Removing your question seems hardly beneficial to the forum.

regards

eteran
January 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Even if you answer your own questions, don't go and just delete your question, but post your solution and let the question intact. This way other people might find it useful later.

Often when I'm looking for a special problem via Google I'm able to find answers quickly on some forum thread like this.

edit: ;) at the poster above

oldmanstan
January 14th, 2007, 07:55 AM
good points

my question was about a small snippet of css, basically i wanted a div to surround my blog (using nucleus cms) so that i could add another sidebar outside the main layout. i had something like this:

#pagewrapper {
width: 908
}

and i couldn't figure out why the div kept taking up the whole width of the window... well i banged my head on my desk for 20 minutes or so, then posted here and immediately after posting (maybe the break to post did it) i noticed that i forgot the "px" after the width... yeah, i'm dumb