PDA

View Full Version : Sound/looks like cool open product.

spockrock
January 13th, 2007, 07:00 AM
http://www.neurosaudio.com/osd/osd.asp

its a linux based media center, looks cool for people who do not want drm invested products.

I am not trying to spam or anything or sell anything, nor do I work for Neuros or anything, I stumbled upon the products after going to the site. I have had a Neuros MP3 player and the cool thing was the firmware was opensource as well, all thier products/software and firmware have been opensource.

I dunno it looks like a cool thing to have to record tv and stuff etc etc, without all the pesky drm.....

BarfBag
January 13th, 2007, 07:25 AM
That's pretty cool looking. Problem is - I don't see anything that MythTV can't do already.

spockrock
January 13th, 2007, 07:40 AM
thats true, but I think this is supposed to be like a pvr, if you dont want to build a whole new computer.

prizrak
January 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Complete crap. No cable card support, no HDMI/DVI output no HD input. Sorry but it just won't cut it nowadays. While HD is not as widespread as SD yet there is no point in getting technology that's being weeded out.

spockrock
January 13th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Complete crap. No cable card support, no HDMI/DVI output no HD input. Sorry but it just won't cut it nowadays. While HD is not as widespread as SD yet there is no point in getting technology that's being weeded out.

this is true as well as well.....good point missed that.