PDA

View Full Version : Linux Writers Wanted!

Jayzilla
January 13th, 2007, 02:41 AM
As a Linux user and member of the open source community, I'm trying to give something back. I've been entertained and informed by countless sites featuring Linux news and commentary, and I've always wanted to start a project of my own.

So I did.

LinuxLevity.org (http://linuxlevity.org/) is my new baby. I wish to provide news, opinions, how-to's and anything else that may prove interesting or helpful to fellow Linux users.

The bottom line: I need your help. I'm looking for writers to post how-to's, give opinions on different bits of software or distros, post interesting links, etc. Let me know if you have any interest, and I'll set you up an author's account.

apjone
January 13th, 2007, 02:48 AM
hi I would be interested in helping.

Jayzilla
January 13th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks much! Check your PM's. :D

Everybody can add something to the project...even if it's just opinion or linkage. I'm hoping to hear some more responses; the Ubuntu community is probably the most friendly and responsive group of Linux users around, which is why I asked here.

maniacmusician
January 13th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Ah damn, I thought it was a job :) runnin low on cash again

I am at the moment writing a lot of stuff, most of which is half baked at the moment. The most advanced of those is a series I'm doing on Switching to Linux. I'm really planning on putting it on a website of my own (I have a LOT of articles in the works. really. a lot.), but I'd be fine with you linking to it, or even including it on your site with proper credits and whatnot.

I'll probably start the website once I finish this series, which will be in 2-3 weeks hopefully. I'll be distributing in HTML format (just have it on the website) and in PDF format as e-book. I'll be throwing all of them up here onto the forums before I publish them, I like to get feedback and stuff. I actually just put up the first draft of part one of the Switching to Linux series in the cafe, if you're interested. [link] (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=337333)

Jayzilla
January 13th, 2007, 03:49 AM
If I had the money, I'd definitely be paying writers...as it is, though, I barely have the cash to pay for hosting. :D

I'll be happy to post anything you'd like to share, with full creds and linkage.

maniacmusician
January 13th, 2007, 03:56 AM
If I had the money, I'd definitely be paying writers...as it is, though, I barely have the cash to pay for hosting. :D

I'll be happy to post anything you'd like to share, with full creds and linkage.
hehe I know what you mean. The only reason I was thinking that was because just the other day, I mentioned that I wanted write for Wired News about tech/linux-related things, and when I saw this thread, my heart skipped a beat. Irrational fantasies and all.

Second part sounds good too. I'll be sure to send a link your way whenever I get it up.