PDA

View Full Version : Save the Internet!

Frak
January 13th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Phone and Cable companies and trying to make the internet less accessible, stop then now!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/
Phone and Cable companies are trying to mess with the way we view the internet by changing what goes into the "pipes" that our internet goes through. Help by signing the petition and calling your state legislature, because I like the way I view the Web, and I don't want AT&T to stop me from viewing Ubuntu Forums!

EDIT
This is not spam, this is more of a news kinda thing, something people would like to know about.

Kernel Sanders
January 13th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Who cares? They are US companies. The EU will never stand for such corporate bullying :cool:

Frak
January 13th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Yes, but our Legislature are like Diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason.

beercz
January 13th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Yes, but our Legislature are like Diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason.

Sounds a bit like our government!

We call daipers nappies btw.

Kernel Sanders
January 13th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Sounds a bit like our government!

We call daipers nappies btw.

We're fine, we have the EU :cool:

beercz
January 13th, 2007, 02:25 AM
We're fine, we have the EU :cool:

True - we are EU citizens and not likely to face the same restrictions as the OP.

However I still like the comparison of our government to nappies :-)

max.diems
January 13th, 2007, 02:33 AM
This is not spam, this is more of a news kinda thing, something people would like to know about.

Not news, its about a year old (the topic anyway). I've seen a very similar site made by media companies, does anyone know what it is?

FuturePilot
January 13th, 2007, 02:33 AM
The internet should be free no matter what. It's an extremely useful tool and without it where would we be? What if people can't afford it? This isn't fair and they better stop! It's ridiculous! I don't like it one bit! In fact, it's got me outraged!

Frak
January 13th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Internet companies want websites to pay money so we can view them, like Ubuntu Forums would have to pay AT&T so I could view them, because AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Turner Internet, etc. wants to make money on what we view.

Kzap333
October 10th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Phone and Cable companies and trying to make the internet less accessible, stop then now!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/
Phone and Cable companies are trying to mess with the way we view the internet by changing what goes into the "pipes" that our internet goes through. Help by signing the petition and calling your state legislature, because I like the way I view the Web, and I don't want AT&T to stop me from viewing Ubuntu Forums!

EDIT

I completly agree even though I'm in England this is HUDGE it could change the future though I don't think they would actually be allowed to block sites completly just put them on a slow as hell connectiong like 1KB (which is practilclydead) and I don't think all companies will do this you will be able to get like you can get capped and uncapped you will get ristricted and unristricted.
Sory about my spelling and I know this may be an old post but it's better than me making a new topic.