PDA

View Full Version : Planet Ubuntu, for users

Gouki
January 12th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hi,

I would like to tell this community of a project I started working a couple of weeks ago.

www.UbuntuWeblogs.org

UbuntuWeblogs is an aggregation of public weblogs written by Ubuntu GNU/Linux users. Unlike the official Planet Ubuntu, anyone who writes about Ubuntu on their 'blog' has a chance of being aggregated there too.
There really isn't much more to say. The site is powered by Planet (aka PlanetPlanet) on a shared host environment (running Debian Sarge, w00t!). We still use the default CSS, which I'm sure you'll find ugly.

Feel free to help on the web-design (=

So, if you're interested, you can use this submit form (http://ubuntuweblogs.org/submit.html).

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

bapoumba
January 12th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cheers Gouki ;)
And thank you for your work.

viper
January 12th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Nice site ................informative

luca.b
January 13th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I don't understand the "do not put the "read more" link in the rules. I often (but not always) do that to avoid unneded overflow of text. Why should it be considered spamming?

Gouki
January 14th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I don't understand the "do not put the "read more" link in the rules. I often (but not always) do that to avoid unneded overflow of text. Why should it be considered spamming?

Simple. People use this to write only 4 or 5 sentences and then the user has to click the link to read the rest. This is used to increase the number of unique visitors.

A Planet is a central place to read the posts, so the visitor shouldn't had to go anywhere else to do this.

I do understand that, if you're going to write a *very* long text this can be useful, but so far, I haven't seen a post on the Planet that required the --more-- tag.

Please contact me for questions. I rarely check these boards, so a prompt reply will be given by eMail when a question comes up.

BarfBag
January 14th, 2007, 12:20 AM
This is a cool idea. *bookmarks*

ma1kel
January 14th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Cool, I also bookmarked it!

euler_fan
January 14th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Cool, I also bookmarked it!

Ditto :)

Gouki
January 14th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I'm happy you guys liked it. This is a project for all Ubuntu GNU/Linux users, and I hope to get allot more submissions to interesting weblogs.

If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know. I'll never ask for donations, however, help with the webdesign is welcome.