PDA

View Full Version : Monydance conversion

rbhigday
January 12th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I had noticed that there seem to be little success with quicken and converting to another program.I had my reservation after reading here and at moneydance and other like program message bases about converting data. I had almost resigned myself to either staying on windows via dual boot or losing all my data and starting fresh.

I decide to try the conversion and see just what kind of damage or mess I would get converting my Quicken 2006 home and business data to Moneydance. I could not believe the mess it created. It blew my mind away!

I have used 4 different version of quicken, 2 with major database upgrades.
I have 44 bank accounts.
I have 25 bank accounts.
I have 13 investment accounts.
I have 13 asset accounts
I have 4 liability accounts
I have 22 years of data to convert.
I had 3 major data corruption problems in those 22 years.
I would say at least 30% of the transactions were split transactions some with over 10 accounts involved.

total transactions not converted correctly --- ONE, yeah thats right ONE.

Good bye Quicken, your not forcing me to upgrade any more. Hello Moneydance!

I must commend them on a wonderful product. I hope they keep up the good work, they have gained a new customer. I have not even entered 1 transaction of my 100 free trial period and I already know I will be buying it.

matthew
January 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Two things:

First, this is more suited to the Cafe since it isn't a support question/request so I'll move it there.

Second, wow! Thanks for the review. That's quite an interesting and an amazing testimonial. Do you have a link to the moneydance site?

sjnovick
January 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Here's the link: http://moneydance.com/

I'm a former MS Money user (also forced to upgrade several times!!!). I also love Moneydance!

jethro10
January 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, my wife uses this to look after our accounts and rates it highly.

J