PDA

View Full Version : what about us ATI radeon rv200 series below 9500 graphic card users?

mykalreborn
January 11th, 2007, 08:13 PM
as you all probably know the 3d driver for these video cards is pretty messed up, and in some cases none of the tutorials on the forum work - i've tried them all trust me and i was still not able to get 3d acceleration. well... i can live with that for now. but in the next realease of the drivers will these cards work, or will they allways be harder to set up?

der_joachim
January 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
My Ati Radeon Mobility M6 LY has never been officially supported. I use the open source radeon driver which suits me just fine, because I do not need 3D at work. I have two screens: 1024x768 and 1280x1024 on a 64 MB video chip. The speed is not very good, but quite workable.

My wife has a laptop with an ancient Ati chip and it is not even officially supported in XP. It runs, but not well.

I don't count on Ati being supported. As long as Ati refuses to support older chips in both recent windows versions and Linux, I will not be buying Ati stuff.

mykalreborn
January 12th, 2007, 01:06 PM
it's pretty sill, though... i mean they loose a part of the market share, just because they don't want to support all their cards in every os