PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Rochester NY?

Hendrixski
January 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Are there any users from Rochester New York? or nearby Rochester like in that area east of Buffalo and West of Syracuse and north of Corning?

igknighted
January 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I go to school in Geneseo and would love to help out any way I can

paguilera
February 15th, 2007, 01:13 AM
There's a few users from Rochester, actually. I've seen a few at RIT and they've even started up a new LUG on campus. I'll have to find the website sometime and post it here.

Hendrixski
February 15th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I just heard about the RIT LUG. That sounds pretty new because I don't remember hearing about it when i was there.

slayerboy
February 22nd, 2007, 06:42 AM
Hey! I'm from Holley, NY (closer to Brockport)

I know there is a LUG in Rochester, check out their website at http://www.lugor.org/

I'm not sure how ubuntu-friendly they are though. I do subscribe to their mailing list but haven't seen much action on it. I do know they meet at RIT, so I'm wondering if we're talking about the same group?

Hendrixski
February 23rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
::shrug:: probably is the same group. I didn't know it was around when I was going to RIT, I wish I had.
thanks for the website link though, I may start getting involved. :)

dustigroove
March 28th, 2008, 03:33 AM
:: raises hand ::

tmaioli
March 31st, 2008, 12:26 AM
Add another--- Hi I am. ):P

Truefire
August 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I'm in Greece, tri-county area of Rochester.

IamReck
October 7th, 2008, 12:34 AM
RIT Lug had it's first meeting tonight, actually I am in it right now. If you are still interested at all
the plan is to meet Tuesdays at 8PM. We also have an IRC channel #ritlug on irc.ritirc.com/6667.

The plan is right now to have the meetings in Clark A in the SAU, Tuesdays at 8PM.

cbattle1
February 18th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Hello all!

I'm looking to meet with a semi-versed Ubuntu tech in person. I have many questions about how Ubuntu works on older machines, with Cisco stuff, with Ethernet stuff, and other cool perhaps undiscovered ways to offer better performance, greater reliability and better security on networks and servers. I reside in a suburb of Rochester. Please feel free to contact me via this site. Thanks!

cprofitt
February 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Hello all!

I'm looking to meet with a semi-versed Ubuntu tech in person. I have many questions about how Ubuntu works on older machines, with Cisco stuff, with Ethernet stuff, and other cool perhaps undiscovered ways to offer better performance, greater reliability and better security on networks and servers. I reside in a suburb of Rochester. Please feel free to contact me via this site. Thanks!

There are a great many of us in Rochester, NY.

There is also LUGOR (www.lugor.org) which meets on the Third Thursday of every month in Rochester.

Let me know how I can help you.