PDA

View Full Version : how to put files in program files

jinxy1919
January 9th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Sry about all the threads but i have eberything going just about but how you put files in program files how you get to that directory so you can paste files in there

Jussi Kukkonen
January 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Jinxy, please try to be clear in your questions (I'm sorry I'm nagging, but I really don't understand many of your requests and I believe I'm not the only one). Maybe it would be better to explain exactly what you want to achieve, not how you think it should be done?

In this case, maybe you are talking about the menu, as "program files" is not something that exists on linux? In that case try System->Preferences->Menu Layout. Or maybe this is Wine-related?

M_the_C
January 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Or maybe this is Wine-related?

If it is Wine related then Program Files is located:

/home/*username*/.wine/drive_c/Program Files

silverguy
December 15th, 2007, 03:12 AM
I think he means where is the source for program files within linux?

As in .. within windows there is a filing system and a folder named "program files" where all the programs reside. I realise that Linux does have a completly different file structure set to windows.

WIthin Ubuntu i have faced this issue, because i wish to run azureus when i download a torrent from firefox. Ubuntu prompts me to open with.. so i browse. However this is where i get stuck... where on earth are the program files located (ie azureus...) so that i may assicate them with file types within firefox (or any other application for that matter!)

Sorry for the misdirection with the program file references.. its just i think alot of people are familair with the Ms approach of program files being the source folder of all applications within an OS.