PDA

View Full Version : Just got VIP on UbuntuForums!

XDevHald
May 11th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been here since the 10th of last month, and since I just made VIP I'll go ahead and introduce myself to you and hopefully get to know everyone here even more :). My name is Steve Myers, I'm 21 years old, I live in Florida and I am a Dell Associate in Ocoee and really loving what I do for a living ;)

My main goal as VIP is to help users with general and techinical support and provide them with the at most honest end user development support as well. I'm currently working on some projects that will help developement on Ubuntu in which will aim for kernel support on patches and also apache servers too.

I am currently a C++, ASP, XML, CGI, Perl, PHP, and 3D/Web Designer, pretty much your all around programmer and I am about to be certified in Microsoft in XML, and C++ for major developement for big corporations such as Dell for TTY.

I am currently running Breezy 5.10 and Hoary 5.04. Breezy is all backend beta testing and current kernel patching/bug reporting, and Hoary I am doing my all around graphics, games, and e-mail/surf/chat with friends, and really enjoying what I do :)

Well, that's it for now :D hope to chat with everyone real soon and can't wait to get to know everyone in the community, oh and by the way, We're at 19,835 members, and coutning almost every 5 mins, this is by far the most fast pasting and active community I have ever helped with in a very long time, and I am very pleased to be here helping :D

WildTangent
May 11th, 2005, 02:27 AM
congrats! if i were as useful and knowledgeable as you, id be a VIP too! but im not, so ill leave things to you

-Wild

RastaMahata
May 11th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Woah, I'm only studying to do something like your job.. I think (Is software Engineering in the right path? I would like to be a programmer/games developer), and there's still like 5 years left to study in the University :(

Anyway, congratulations, and just like the last post before me, I would also like to have that much knowledge.

Cya around.

XDevHald
May 11th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Woah, I'm only studying to do something like your job.. I think (Is software Engineering in the right path? I would like to be a programmer/games developer), and there's still like 5 years left to study in the University :(

Anyway, congratulations, and just like the last post before me, I would also like to have that much knowledge.

Cya around.

Thanks for the replies, awesome comments to!! :D

I am going to AIU - American InterContinental University College, I do online courses, but they guarantee a Masters in 3 years, which is possible, I took a look at a few students who had majored in IT Admin and also Business Management, and were both like in for their B.S and went on for Masters in 3 and a half years, not bad!

To be honest with everyone who is reading this, I never had a teacher, friend, family member, well my dad handed me the books and said "just read", but in all words, I basically had to literally force myself to learn this stuff, been doing it since the age of 12, started with html, dhtml, java, javascript and really advanced at the age of 15 onto the major big man tools of knowledge of developement.

But I really appreciate the comments, and if you want any major recommended books or online tutorials, don't even think about hesitating and contacting me by e-mail, msn, or Private message, because I'll send it out right away to benefit your career and teaching tools for your college courses. :D

jfdill_2
May 11th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Would you believe it, vBulletin even named some codes after him (http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/bbcode_intro)! ;-) Thanks for checking out my blog, and good luck.

XDevHald
May 11th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Would you believe it, vBulletin even named some codes after him (http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/bbcode_intro)! ;-) Thanks for checking out my blog, and good luck.
lol, no problem, I am usually zoning the forums rather quickly ;)

Funny thing is, that's actually my 2nd legal name BB Michael Myers, and no not relation to Mike Myers :p

P.S BB has no real abbreviation to my name.

poofyhairguy
May 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
An itch to be scratched is time that is wasted...

good deal....

GarySaved
May 11th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Whoe! =D>

I expect to make VIP status about in time for the y3k problems to be a concern.

I don't know much about programming, but will keep trying.

Gary

bored2k
May 11th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Whoe! =D>

I expect to make VIP status about in time for the y3k problems to be a concern.

I don't know much about programming, but will keep trying.

Gary
You don't need to be a programmer to get VIP. The keyword is help.

poofyhairguy
May 11th, 2005, 10:46 PM
You don't need to be a programmer to get VIP. The keyword is help.

This is the honest truth!