PDA

View Full Version : ShipIt

Mike Carter
January 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I wasnt sure where to post this:

I orderd some Dapper Drake CD's last month and Gave them away to Firends who are very happy with it and are now switching from Windows to use Ubuntu full time. Am I allowed to order more CD's?

megamania
January 8th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I wasnt sure where to post this:

I orderd some Dapper Drake CD's last month and Gave them away to Firends who are very happy with it and are now switching from Windows to use Ubuntu full time. Am I allowed to order more CD's?
The short answer is: no.

As far as I know, you have to register with a different email address if you want to get more cd's. I've never tried this myself anyway.

az
January 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Of course you can order more!

http://www.ubuntu.com/support/faq#head-6fb53908d9c87eb506d6d36c99cd9936ceffa8fa

megamania
January 8th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Of course you can order more!

I did try to order more, but my orders were refused. Only my first orders of Ubuntu and Kubuntu (i.e. one order each) were accepted.

After that, I read that only one shipment per edition (i.e. 6.04, 6.10...) is allowed. Things may have changed though.

tito2502
January 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I think I have ordered more than once.

That isn't the point of shipit though, people should order one and burn it.

taurus
January 8th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Move to Cafe.

megamania
January 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I think I have ordered more than once.
That isn't the point of shipit though, people should order one and burn it.
No. As I said in another thread, Canonical is a for-profit company, and if they give away Ubuntu cd's there's a reason.

They WANT you to spread the word by giving away good-looking cd's rather than home-made copies. That increases their market penetration with a extremely limited financial effort. That's why you can order as much as 50 cd's, if I remember correctly.
In my opinion, the "one shipment only" policy lies (or lied) in the fact that postal charges have a higher impact than the cost of the cd's themselves, so they ask you to plan ahead and make a single shipment.