PDA

View Full Version : An Unresolved Issues forum?

MindRiot
January 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM
This has probably been suggested before, but...

It would be nice if there were a section devoted to threads that contained unresolved issues. Such as the missing restart and shutdown options from the log-off window, whether this is related to XGL/Compiz, or not.

It would be the responsibility and decision of the moderators as to which threads to move to the unresolved issues forum.

Members would not be permitted to create new threads in the unresolved issues forum, but members could post replies.

This would help focus attention on threads that need it the most, since this is a very active forum, many threads go unresolved because they are buried to quickly (by many threads that are resolved) and the thread starter might not have specified the issue well enough in the thread title to draw the needed attention.

Just an idea.

glotz
January 8th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I kinda like the idea. Maybe not a forum but a special search for unresolved threads. That'd naturally require the original posters (or mods) to flag resolved threads though.

PriceChild
January 8th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Such as the missing restart and shutdown options from the log-off window, whether this is related to XGL/Compiz, or not.This has got a work around.

open up gconf-editor

apps>panel>global

check the box near the bottom which contains the word "upstream"

MindRiot
January 8th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the work around. :)

I hope you didn't see my suggestion as a veiled complaint. That wasn't the intention behind my suggestion. Whether the idea is necessary or beneficial I leave to you and others to decide.