PDA

View Full Version : Moneydance 2005

NaplesBill
May 10th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I thought I'd make a post about this program. One of the things that has been missing on Linux is Quicken. I tried all the well known Personal Finance programs on Linux and they all were either too limited or overly complicated. I just wanted something that provided a checkbook register and automatic online banking updates.

I had all but given up when I ran across a reference to Moneydance. So I downloaded the free trial. I was completely amazed to find that it does online updates without having to download and import any .qif files. It has an online banking wizard that automatically configured my Fifth Third bank account. I decided it was everything I needed and paid the $29 it cost to get the full version(the download version was limited to 150 transactions). I am not trying to get anyone to download or buy this program. I just thought there were probably others who would want or need the features this program provides. I find it every bit as useful as Quicken was for my needs.

Here is a link:

Moneydance (http://www.moneydance.com/)

XDevHald
May 10th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I thought I'd make a post about this program. One of the things that has been missing on Linux is Quicken. I tried all the well known Personal Finance programs on Linux and they all were either too limited or overly complicated. I just wanted something that provided a checkbook register and automatic online banking updates.

I had all but given up when I ran across a reference to Moneydance. So I downloaded the free trial. I was completely amazed to find that it does online updates without having to download and import any .qif files. It has an online banking wizard that automatically configured my Fifth Third bank account. I decided it was everything I needed and paid the $29 it cost to get the full version(the download version was limited to 150 transactions). I am not trying to get anyone to download or buy this program. I just thought there were probably others who would want or need the features this program provides. I find it every bit as useful as Quicken was for my needs.

Here is a link:

If you find this to be a useful application, then check out the 3rd Party Projects forum.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Seems pretty useful, thanks for the share!

Psquared
May 10th, 2005, 01:00 PM

Here is a link:

What didn't you like about GNUCash? I have it installed, but I have not started using it. It seems pretty much like Quicken - but it might not do online updates.

NaplesBill
May 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
What didn't you like about GNUCash? I have it installed, but I have not started using it. It seems pretty much like Quicken - but it might not do online updates.

I had issues with the handling of qif files(doesn't import all aspects) and it didn't do the direct downloading. It's not bad but just not enough for me!

Also, I forgot to mention that Moneydance also does the Online Bill payment directly through it's interface as well.