PDA

View Full Version : OSS and wild canines

navneeth
January 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I just noticed that three of the most-used apps. in the OS-community have a wild-dog-like creature as their mascot.

There's Firefox, the Amarok wolf, and GIMP's Wilber, the Coyote.(anything else to add?) What's with that? Is it safe to have all the carnivores around a cute little penguin? :mrgreen:

Lord Illidan
January 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I just noticed that three of the most-used apps. in the OS-community have a wild-dog-like creature as their mascot.

There's Firefox, the Amarok wolf, and GIMP's Wilber, the Coyote.(anything else to add?) What's with that? Is it safe to have all the carnivores around a cute little penguin? :mrgreen:

Look at Lazarus, it has a cheetah as it's mascot. What about Iceweasel? We're a wild community here..*sharpens fangs*

ComplexNumber
January 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM

yes, of course it is! they protect the cute little penguin :D

navneeth
January 6th, 2007, 03:22 PM
That weasel is just a substitute for the fox. :P