PDA

View Full Version : Regex help

leep
January 4th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I need a little help writing a very simple regular expression for a php script. What I need to obtain is every occourrence of a char within a string only if this char is not contaiined within ''.

Example:

nome='simone',soprannome='leep',eta='30',peso='<=100'

In this string I need to identify the first 4 occourences of "=", not the last one within ''.
It should be a really easy regex to write, but I really don't know how to start.
If you got some link to any online resource about regex it would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
S.

DeadEyes
January 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
='(\w|<|<=|=|>=|>)*'

use the above regexp to do a global find, and replace with an empty string you should get:

nome,soprannome,eta,peso

in your example there is a <=100, so I assume there could also be a <, <=, =, > etc.
Edit:
this one will do the same if peso is not a whole number

(='\w*')|(='[<>]=?\d*\.*\d*')

Man I love messing around with RegExps
this one will match the words you want, no find and replace this time :)

\w+(?==)

leep
January 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Thank you very much, I'll take a lok at your regex.
Just a note: I need to match "=" outside ' and '.
I'm about to write something that needs to split the original string into an array containing on element 0 the string at the left side of "0", and on element 1 the string at the right.

Ciccio='1'
===> element[0] = Ciccio
===> element[1] = '1'

Peso='<=100'
===> element[0] = Peso
===> element[1] = '<=100'

slavik
January 4th, 2007, 07:30 PM
%myhash = "nome='simone',soprannome='leep',eta='30',peso='<=100'" =~ m/(.*?)='(.*?)',?/g;

that hash will hold the key value pairs by making whatever is before the '=' a key, and whatever is in quotes a value.

@deadeyes, why do that weird thing when you can use (.*?) ... if whatever is in single quotes is a value, we want to get everything, even if there are whitespaces (which \w doesn't match)
\w is the same as [a-zA-Z0-9]

leep
January 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Sorry slavik, how do you insert it into a php script?

slavik
January 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM
look into preg_match() function ... you should be able to send it the regular expression unaltered (the regex is in perl syntax) ... gimmie some time, I will work out some simple php code.

here is the complete html/php code:

<html>
<body>
<pre>
<?php

$regex = "/(.*?)='(.*?)',?/";
$string = "nome='simone',soprannome='leep',eta='30',peso='<= 100'";
$matches;

preg_match_all($regex, $string, $matches);

print_r($matches);

?>
</pre>

</body>
</html>

DeadEyes
January 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
@deadeyes, why do that weird thing when you can use (.*?) ... if whatever is in single quotes is a value, we want to get everything, even if there are whitespaces (which \w doesn't match)
\w is the same as [a-zA-Z0-9]
I didn't fully understand I thought he was just looking for the names.