PDA

View Full Version : What PDA do you sync with your Linux OS?

wersdaluv
January 4th, 2007, 02:46 PM
PDA is very important for planning stuff. Being able to sync tasks, appointments, and contacts with your computer is really significant. Before, I had a Pocket PC and syncing it using active sync with MS Outlook was very helpful. After switching to Linux, I found something I like better than MS Outlook and it is Kontact. With Kontact, I think I can do pretty much everything Outlook does and even more because of Basket notepads. It's just that, if I can't sync a PDA with it, it would really be bad.

If you use a PDA, may I know how you sync it with your Linux OS, what program you sync it with, and are you satisfied?

*Syncing with MS Outlook running under wine is my last resort*

jdhore
January 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM
i sync up the following PDA's with my Ubuntu box:

HP iPaq hx2495 (running Windows Mobile 5)
Palm T|X
Palm Treo 650
Palm Treo 700p

wersdaluv
January 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM
What program do you sync them with? Are you satisfied with the syncing or syncing with outlook is still better?

jdhore
January 4th, 2007, 04:33 PM
What program do you sync them with? Are you satisfied with the syncing or syncing with outlook is still better?

i can't remember off the top of my head what program i sync with (i'm at work right now) but i have to say, i think Microsoft ActiveSync and the Palm software suite are quite a bit better

wersdaluv
January 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
i can't remember off the top of my head what program i sync with (i'm at work right now) but i have to say, i think Microsoft ActiveSync and the Palm software suite are quite a bit better

You have Active sync and Palm Software Suite running on Linux?

Mateo
January 5th, 2007, 01:57 AM
palm zire 71. using whatever the default sync app is. I like that Evolution integrates really well with the palm. it shows up on the calendar app in the panel as well, which is awesome. it's like my linux and palm are as one. it was never that way with the palm software in windows.

jdhore
January 5th, 2007, 02:13 AM
You have Active sync and Palm Software Suite running on Linux?

no, i was referring to using them on Windows

wersdaluv
January 5th, 2007, 03:17 AM
palm zire 71. using whatever the default sync app is. I like that Evolution integrates really well with the palm. it shows up on the calendar app in the panel as well, which is awesome. it's like my linux and palm are as one. it was never that way with the palm software in windows.

So all your contacts, appointments and tasks are synced with Evolution? Wow. That's a very good thing. Do you know if a PDA can also be synced with Kontact because I like Kontact much better than evolution.

wersdaluv
January 5th, 2007, 03:18 AM
no, i was referring to using them on Windows

Okay. So do you sync them With Linux? If you do, what app do you sync them with?

Mateo
January 5th, 2007, 03:44 AM
So all your contacts, appointments and tasks are synced with Evolution? Wow. That's a very good thing. Do you know if a PDA can also be synced with Kontact because I like Kontact much better than evolution.

Yep, all of them. And like I said, the fact that appointsments show up in the panel clock/calendar is perhaps the coolest thing about it. Don't know about Kontact though, since I don't use KDE.

Only problem I've had is with photos (my pda takes low res photos). Not sure how to get them off the pda.

edit: should mention that I use the gnome-pilot ap, so there is likely a different one in KDE, and i don't know how well it integrates with Kontact and such, but i'd guess pretty well, since they're made by the same developers.

helfrez
January 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Kpilot in KDE will sync with palmos and retain all categories. Kpilot + Kontact is probably the most reliable sync setup for linux ATM.. Evolution + Palm works well, but Evo loses categories for some stuff last i check. Gnome-pilot is in flux does to changes with pilot-link, so alot of things are in transition for gnome syncing.

frrobert
January 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I have a Z22.

I have tried Evolution and g-pilot. I got the address book to sync the first time but could not it to sync beyond that. Could not ever get the calendar or task to sync.

Tried Kontact and k-pilot, it seemed to work for awhile but once I started to add categories things got strange and things would disapear.

I tried J-pilot and have not had any problems. I works very well. J-pilot is separate from my email program (Thunderbird) but you can set an option an j-Pilot to that when you select mail in j-pilot it will open a new compose window in Thunderbird with the selected email address.

Hope this helps.

Shay Stephens
January 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I have a handspring visor platinum that I use as an ebook reader. I use gpilot to sync.

JAPrufrock
January 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I have a PalmOne T5 and I sync with gpilot into Evolution. Everything seems to sync ok (contacts, memos, calendars, tasks). However, sometimes it doesn't sync right away, and I have to exit the pilot sync and re-sync 2 or more times before it finally transfers the data between my pilot and the desktop.

wersdaluv
January 6th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I have a Z22.

I have tried Evolution and g-pilot. I got the address book to sync the first time but could not it to sync beyond that. Could not ever get the calendar or task to sync.

Tried Kontact and k-pilot, it seemed to work for awhile but once I started to add categories things got strange and things would disapear.

I tried J-pilot and have not had any problems. I works very well. J-pilot is separate from my email program (Thunderbird) but you can set an option an j-Pilot to that when you select mail in j-pilot it will open a new compose window in Thunderbird with the selected email address.

Hope this helps.

Whenever you use jpilot, with what program do you sync with? Kontact or Evolution?

teknotuck
January 6th, 2007, 12:37 PM
While it took some time to get it to work predictably i have a treo 700P syncing with kpilot and kontact and everything moves both directions regardless of where i enter stuff into korganizer or the palm calendar. everything syncs. only gotcha i have found is when the udev increments the ttyUSB* to ttyUSB2 and ttyUSB3 i can not sync. but all other values and it syncs fine.

I did document how it got it working on my personal website and given some freetime ill post it up here too. it took me quite a while to find all the needed bits and i had one catastrophic crash before i got it to sync causing me to lose everything.. now that is does sync i have to say i love the treo 700P :mrgreen:

wersdaluv
January 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Do you know if a pocket pc with windows OS can be synced with Linux and what program it can be synced with (except for activesync)?

elektronaut
January 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Whenever you use jpilot, with what program do you sync with? Kontact or Evolution?
J-Pilot is, despite it's name, not a sibling of gpilot or kpilot. It's similar to the Palm Desktop for Windows, it's a complete pim & synchronizer application. At the moment, I'm syncing both to J-Pilot and Evolution (via gpilot). I'm using a bluetooth connection, which avoids the usb hassle often mentioned, and is more elegant :cool:
You can use J-Pilot's addressbook in the email app sylpheed, which is quite a nice piece of software. I don't like Evolution's mail component, it doesn't offer enough possibilities (spam recognition, handling several mail accounts, etc.). Sylpheed is far more flexible, there are also a lot of plugins.
I'd also like to try out Kontact, but from what I read, kpilot is broken in Edgy, and kitchensync is not yet ready for everyday use.

matthew
January 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I have a Palm m130 and sync with Evolution using gpilot.

You might find these pages interesting.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PDATesters/Hardware
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PDADeviceList

sparky64
January 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Sony clie (palm o/s 5)
sync with kpilot and kontact on both home pc and laptop.
Works well on both, tried evolution but missed out some mods.

amenon
January 6th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I use Evolution (and gpilot) to sync with my Palm Tungsten T5. The USB/Cradle option works most of the time, but I get Bluetooth sync to work every time.

I used to use JPilot and the USB cable, but that suffers the same in-consistent syncs. I'm sticking to bluetooth and gpilot for now.

wersdaluv
January 6th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Can a Pocket PC running windows OS be synced with Ubuntu?

jblebrun
January 10th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I have a Treo 650. With kpilot, sync works mostly, except that it completely borks all of my Appointments and Todos on the Treo. They get copied into korganizer, so I don't LOSE the data, but I can't seem to get it back into the Treo no matter what I do. Even "Copy PC->Handheld" doesn't seem to work.

phi1ip
January 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM
All the posts here seem to be reffering to Portable computers running the Palm operating system syncing with ubuntu linux.

Does anyone here have a Portable computer running Microsoft Pocket pc 2003 Syncing with Ubuntu Linux?

If so, which software needs to be installed? i only see references to palm computers

raydekok
January 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM
or symbian 3rd. is someone working with it?

phi1ip
January 14th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Hi,

to get the pocket pc PDA syncing with Ubuntu i tried installing active sync 4.2 with wine 0.9.29 on edgy eft, but no luck as too many errors and the installer bombed out..

no joy here

phi1ip
January 19th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Hello again,

Is there even one person here that is able to manage a pocket pc running microsoft pocket pc 2003 second edition connected to a ubuntu linux PC?

anyone?

or is it just palm OS users tha can sync with a PC?

curious Phil

Mateo
January 19th, 2007, 05:23 AM
you'd have to search around philip, but i'm afraid it's unlikely. see, so many linux users have a grudge against microsoft so the number of people willing to make applications for their products is, unfortunately, low. search around, there might be something out there though.

seijuro
January 19th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I use Kpilot to sync my palm V with kontact works great and was a snap to setup.

MkfIbK7a
January 19th, 2007, 07:46 AM
i use kpilot with a palm m515

zvandiver
January 19th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I have a Treo 650. With kpilot, sync works mostly, except that it completely borks all of my Appointments and Todos on the Treo. They get copied into korganizer, so I don't LOSE the data, but I can't seem to get it back into the Treo no matter what I do. Even "Copy PC->Handheld" doesn't seem to work.
jblebrun,
I have had a similar experience with my 700p. I will sync and suddenly have duplicate appointments in Kontact, and no appointments on my 700p. Thank heaven for NVBackup!
Does anyone have an explanation and/or fix for this?
Zane

daynah
January 19th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I have a Tungsten E2.

I'll tell you a little secret... I don't sync it with anything! Yup... it just sits there, eternally not backed up. Apparently I can sync it up. Sometimes I get the urge to back it up and I look up how to do it and then I... don't. I don't even plug it in. I just copy and paste on editpad what programs I need and stop there. I have the attention span of a goat.

One day I'm gonna drop it real funny like, in this magical way that some how erases flash memory (hey! I said it was magical). And I'm going to cry. A lot. You're allowed to laugh.

Either way, I do enjoy my TE2. It's good for us that don't have a lot of money.

ralvy
February 2nd, 2007, 05:19 AM
J-Pilot is, despite it's name, not a sibling of gpilot or kpilot. It's similar to the Palm Desktop for Windows, it's a complete pim & synchronizer application. At the moment, I'm syncing both to J-Pilot and Evolution (via gpilot). I'm using a bluetooth connection, which avoids the usb hassle often mentioned, and is more elegant :cool:
You can use J-Pilot's addressbook in the email app sylpheed, which is quite a nice piece of software. I don't like Evolution's mail component, it doesn't offer enough possibilities (spam recognition, handling several mail accounts, etc.). Sylpheed is far more flexible, there are also a lot of plugins.
I'd also like to try out Kontact, but from what I read, kpilot is broken in Edgy, and kitchensync is not yet ready for everyday use.

I also have a Treo 700p. I've used JPilot with my old Tungsten C and now would like to use it with my new Treo 700p. Do I have to keep the old database stub files in RAM to allow JPilot to work properly? I keep thinking that JPilot will need those to be able to see the databases in the new format.

lazyart
February 3rd, 2007, 05:22 AM
Hello again,

Is there even one person here that is able to manage a pocket pc running microsoft pocket pc 2003 second edition connected to a ubuntu linux PC?

anyone?

or is it just palm OS users tha can sync with a PC?

curious Phil

You need Opensync. I have a Dell Axim x30 running WM2003SE and that is the way to do it. Search the repositories... everything you need is there. I don't care for evolution (it can't delete emails from the server without downloading them locally, and I prefer to leave mail on the server until deleted), but it did work for me. Now I'm shopping for a Palm T|X. It's a better way.

AstarothCY
February 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX 720 (Windows Mobile 2003 SE)
-> SynCE
-> MultiSync
-> Evolution

Works just fine. Wasn't easy to set up but right now it works just like ActiveSync.. just plug my PDA into the cradle and its ready to go.

Here's the HOWTO I used. (http://http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=30936)

Check the posts by IntuitiveNipple in the middle of this page (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=30936&page=16) for how to automate the syncing so that you dont need to go through scripts or a command line.

Also check out this thread (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=136257), it includes instructions on getting a tray icon for SynCE, which makes everything that much more awesome.

herbster
March 3rd, 2007, 06:18 AM
I use a Treo 650 with Ubuntu 6.10 and currently can sync fine with gpilot and Jpilot, though the address book doesn't sync at all with Jpilot (the rest does).

I really like the Palm syncing in Ubuntu, I didn't think it would stand a chance against Windows Palm OS but it kicks **** in ways.

wersdaluv
March 3rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
I'm downloading Herd 5. If it doesn't work, I guess it's goodbye Ubuntu.

Then, I will try PCLinuxOS 2007. If it doesn't work, I guess it's goodbye Linux. :(

Edit: Wrong thread! sorry!

ramjet_1953
March 3rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
I have a Sharp Zaurus SL5600, that I'd love to be able to sync.
It is more of a miniature PC than a PDA.

As far as I know, there is not link package for it in Linux, which is weird, as it is actually an embedded Linux device.

If anyone has successfuly been able to sync a Zaurus with Evolution, I'd really like to know.

Regards,
Roger :cool:

Aegis
April 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Greetings, all!

I'm new to Ubuntu -- here goes the neighborhood! ;)

I just figured out how to synch a Palm Z22 to ubuntu via g-pilot, by using advice from another thread: editing /etc/modules to run the 'visor' module at startup, and using the 'lsusb' command to determine what USB 'channel' the Palm is using. Synched up just fine!!

Yes, I got lucky -- sorta blindly following instructions, but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! An auspicious start for a fool like me. I thank you for the support!!:guitar:

beefcurry
April 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Dopod 838pro, never had a need to sync it :). I'll try it someday when I get desperate.

Neffscape
April 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Sorry I'm not able to connect my Tungsten E2 with linux, and I'm quite disappointed because I don't understand why my Palm refuses to work with ALL linux apps. It's not possibile, really! I'm getting nervous... why is it so difficult to connect a ******* palm to linux?

I really don't know where to start, I didn't found any help on this forum, and not any step by step Howto! I didn't succeeded with dapper, edgy and now even with feisty. Is it possibile that nobody tries to make things easier for the average user?

I would like to synchronize my palm with Korganizer but using GNOME... It's not my fault if in gnome the only calendar that exists is that ******* Evolution. I don't need another e-mail client, I just want a good organizer!

Sorry for my rudeness, I'm just exploding... forgive me...

Aegis
April 25th, 2007, 07:08 PM
No, it's certainly understandable. I couldn't figure out how to sync my lowly z22 without coming to the forum for help. What I did was no big deal, but to the casual computer user??

Linux is great. I've used Linspire, and now ubuntu. I'm no expert, and certainly must be careful to frame my comments within the frame of being quite impressed with ubuntu so far. Feisty Fawn is the first release I've used.

Linux is better and better all the time, but there's a lot of frustration with lack of driver support, and what becomes supported in new versions, and what gets, sometimes, left behind. It's frustrating when something that seems like a "no-brainer" just doesn't work.

ffoletti
April 25th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Hi! UNder Edgy/Kubuntu I was able to sync my Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC running windows mobile, syncing contacts and appointments with Kontact, all worked good, with Synce/raki.
After upgrade to feisty, raki crashes retrieving appointments! :( I'm getting frustrated about this, but I'm confident it will work in some way: I can browse, install programs and everything else, just I'm no more able to sync appointments, but it's the most important feature for me...:confused: :mad: :confused:
Anyway, with edgy was great!
Bye

Shay Stephens
April 25th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I have a Handspring Visor. To get it working with Feisty, I had to edit the /etc/modules file:

gksudo gedit /etc/modules
add visor on a new line to load support on startup. Use

sudo modprobe visor
to add it temporarily right away.

After that I was able to sync the visor in Feisty.

Aegis
April 25th, 2007, 11:10 PM
My z22 connects with a USB cable. I plugged it in, and used the command lsusb at the command prompt. Output looks like:

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

with no USB devices plugged in, and

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05dc:0330 Lexar Media, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

with a flash drive plugged in, for example.

This tells me the system "sees" the device, and "where" it is located.

To edit the modules file, cd (change directory) to /etc, or

cd /etc <enter>

cat modules <enter>

if the modules file is in the /etc directory, your output will be something like:

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

fuse
lp
visor

(You will note that mine already has the 'visor' line added.)

I used a file editor (vi is my choice) to add the word visor to the end of the file. I used the info from lsusb when I changed settings under the Systems --> Preferences --> PalmOS Devices
settings.

Ask me more questions, and I'll further display my considerable ignorance (which has taken me a lifetime to achieve.) I hope this at least helps some of you a bit.

wersdaluv
April 26th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Hi! UNder Edgy/Kubuntu I was able to sync my Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC running windows mobile, syncing contacts and appointments with Kontact, all worked good, with Synce/raki.
After upgrade to feisty, raki crashes retrieving appointments! :( I'm getting frustrated about this, but I'm confident it will work in some way: I can browse, install programs and everything else, just I'm no more able to sync appointments, but it's the most important feature for me...:confused: :mad: :confused:
Anyway, with edgy was great!
Bye

Wow! You managed to sync with Kontact? You know what, I wasn't able to use Raki with Feisty's Kernel. When I used the Kernel that came with Edgy, I was able to use Raki again for opening files in my iPaq, but I still wasn't able to sync.

What howto, assuming you used one, did you follow to sync?

Mateo
April 26th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I had lots of problems with gpilot in Edgy but in Feisty it works flawlessly (though i had to do some tweaking to get it to work right). in Edgy it used to reset my palm sometimes or just freeze up the first time I tried to sync after restarting the computer.

lazyart
April 26th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I have a Palm T|X and using Edgy. I sync using JPilot. USB frustrated me to no end so I just do a wifi sync.

ffoletti
April 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Wow! You managed to sync with Kontact? You know what, I wasn't able to use Raki with Feisty's Kernel. When I used the Kernel that came with Edgy, I was able to use Raki again for opening files in my iPaq, but I still wasn't able to sync.

What howto, assuming you used one, did you follow to sync?

Well, after a couple of non-working-for-me howtos, I mixed it up and created something which is a personal howto. It shows clearly that I'm new in linux, but it worked great on Edgy.
I did the following steps:

1 Connect Pocket Pc to USB
2 apt-get install synce-dccm synce-kde synce-kde-dev synce-serial librra0 libsynce0 libsynce0-dev
3 apt-get install syncekonnector syncekonnector-dev
4 apt-get install kdepim kdepim-dev kdepim-dbg libqt3-headers libqt3-mt-dev kdelibs4-dev kdepim-dev
5 dmesg -> you should see something like pocket pc connected to ttyUSB0
6 sudo synce-serial-config ttyUSB0 -> the output should tell you that now you can start connection via synce-serial-start
7 now I started raki; raki opens and you have to select vdccm;
8 now start syncing: sudo synce-serial-start
9 left click on raki icon, pocket pc, configure and select, e.g., appointments, configure them with select exisiting calendar, choosing korganizer ics file (for me it was the default choice in select existing calendar)

As I wrote above, it worked great under edgy, and was the last step for complete migration for me.... but now with feisty something went bad.
If someone could try this on feisty and tell me what's wrong now... I thik I'll try a new installation (I just upgraded to feisty from edgy, but I read in some forum that it's better reinstall, deleting possible mistakes made in some apt-get late night delirium.... :D ). But maybe it's a different problem... don't really know.

wersdaluv
May 2nd, 2007, 03:07 AM
Anyone managed to sync a Pocket PC with Kubuntu Feisty?

lazyart
May 3rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
I had lots of problems with gpilot in Edgy but in Feisty it works flawlessly (though i had to do some tweaking to get it to work right). in Edgy it used to reset my palm sometimes or just freeze up the first time I tried to sync after restarting the computer.

Just installed Feisty on another box. USB sync works just fine on this machine using usb: as the connection.

vivabenfica
May 10th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Palm Zire 71 - i use J-Pilot with serial port in settings set at usb: which works well. Getting the timing right between pressing the hotsync button on cradle and clicking the hotsync icon in J-Pilot is crucial. Even though J-Pilot says the opposite, I find hitting the cradle button just before clicking the hotsync icon in J-Pilot to be the most effective.

It syncs address book, memos, calendar, to-do, pdfs, other pdb, but no photos

calendar syncs with evolution and J-Pilot
memos syncs with J-Pilot only

satellite360
May 13th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Palm T|X with Ubuntu Feisty - sync using gnome-pilot. Followed these guides to get set up:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EasyPalmDeviceSetup
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PalmSync

ffoletti
May 21st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ok. It seems like synce-kde is not working on Kubuntu Feisty, so I couldn't sync my Dell Axim X30 with Kontact. Then I installed Evolution and Multisync, with synce-multisync-plugin, and now I can sync appointments and contacts!

It's all ok, even if I still hope that soon synce-kde will be working again, because I prefer Kontact... but it's ok, I can do all I need so I'm happy.

Bye

wersdaluv
May 22nd, 2007, 04:10 AM
Ok. It seems like synce-kde is not working on Kubuntu Feisty, so I couldn't sync my Dell Axim X30 with Kontact. Then I installed Evolution and Multisync, with synce-multisync-plugin, and now I can sync appointments and contacts!

It's all ok, even if I still hope that soon synce-kde will be working again, because I prefer Kontact... but it's ok, I can do all I need so I'm happy.

Bye

Thanks so much dude.

So after all, I have been wasting my time trying synce-kde to work in my Kubuntu Feisty install. I'll just do the thing you did. Syncing is a big priority for me, although, I too, prefer Kontact.

Have you filed a bug report?

ffoletti
May 22nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks so much dude.

So after all, I have been wasting my time trying synce-kde to work in my Kubuntu Feisty install. I'll just do the thing you did. Syncing is a big priority for me, although, I too, prefer Kontact.

Have you filed a bug report?

Well, no I didn't filed a bug report but I found THIS: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synce-kde/+bug/111269

which has been confirmed!

wersdaluv
June 7th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I have a good news for you! You can use Kontact again!

All you have to do is to add
/home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics and

/home/user/.evolution/tasks/local/system/tasks.ics
in Kontact's Calendar resource so that Kontact will use Evolution's Calendar! :)

So whenever you sync with Multisync, the data will also come out of Kontact since Kontact is using Evolution's Calendar and Task files.

ffoletti
June 11th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I have a good news for you! You can use Kontact again!

All you have to do is to add
/home/user/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics and

/home/user/.evolution/tasks/local/system/tasks.ics
in Kontact's Calendar resource so that Kontact will use Evolution's Calendar! :)

So whenever you sync with Multisync, the data will also come out of Kontact since Kontact is using Evolution's Calendar and Task files.

Yeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhh

It may not sound as a "clean and perfect" way to get things work, but, well, who cares? it's clever and it's working! Thank you!! Life would really be worse without ubuntuforums! :p

wersdaluv
June 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
ffoletti, are you experiencing problems with creating new appointments and task using Kontact and syncing them afterwards?

For some reason, I am experiencing complications with it and I still have not found a workaround.

nocturn
June 27th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Sony clie (PalmOS 5) with gnome-pilot (evolution-conduits).
Works reasonably well with a lot of annoyances (the latest is not being able to sync with a CalDAV calendar, though it can be selected).

diesel1
June 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I have a Sharp Zaurus SL5600, that I'd love to be able to sync.
It is more of a miniature PC than a PDA.

As far as I know, there is not link package for it in Linux, which is weird, as it is actually an embedded Linux device.

If anyone has successfuly been able to sync a Zaurus with Evolution, I'd really like to know.

Regards,
Roger :cool:

Hi Roger, have you checked the forums on www.oesf.org/forums?

You may find a solution on there or someone may tell you what options are available.

I used to sync kde-pim(on pdaXrom) with kontact on my Linux desktop with ssh.

Also someone on this thread talks about fooling kontact into using evolution data files, may be you can do it the other way around?

Diesel1.

ffoletti
August 11th, 2007, 12:22 AM
ffoletti, are you experiencing problems with creating new appointments and task using Kontact and syncing them afterwards?

For some reason, I am experiencing complications with it and I still have not found a workaround.

after reading your message, I tried to add an appointment in kontact and then syncing, and nothing happens... but if I do it on evolution, all is working.
Well, following your good advice, I "pointed" my Kontact resources to evolution calendar,but we sync through evolution. to make things work, we should find a way to make evolution read back to kontact. I'll try to do something in the next days. But I still hope that someone would fix this annoying bug with synce/raki...

bye!