PDA

View Full Version : C++ toolbars questions

Ben Sprinkle
January 4th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Anyone know why when starting a new tool bar, then you add your stuff, why the are so wide and spread apart? They are not like that im Gedit.
Anyone know how to fix? (This is gtkmm)

Anyone know how to get the typing text crsor to start in the text box instead of on a button?
(gtkmm)

Ben Sprinkle
January 5th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Bump.

Ben Sprinkle
January 8th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Bump.

Ben Sprinkle
January 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Anyone??

Zdravko
January 11th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I have managed to write a small gtkmm application once. I followed the tutorial for toolbars. It was quite easy, and the effect was also nice. I don't remember having any problems with the size of each item in the toolbar. They were a bit larger than in gedit, but what is wrong with this? I find this effect even nicer and user-friendlier.

Ben Sprinkle
January 11th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I need it smaller because I have like 8 buttons and right now it over flows and has that little extension button which I hate.

Zdravko
January 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Aha, I see. Maybe there is a way to "freeze" the length of the toolbar, something like a "isExpandable()" method?

Ben Sprinkle
January 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I have checked the gtkmm api refrence and there is no such methods. :(

Zdravko
January 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Hm... This is because by default widgets get larger, when more objects are inserted into them.
Interesting problem - let me think of it a few days, ok?

Ben Sprinkle
January 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Hm... This is because by default widgets get larger, when more objects are inserted into them.
Interesting problem - let me think of it a few days, ok?

Yeah sure, let me know if ya get something. :)