PDA

View Full Version : European open source guys, please sign the petition and keep this thread alive

ephemeros
January 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
European open source guys, please invite yourselves and friends to sign the petition: http://www.p2pnet.net/story/10879. I don't think ppl outside EU have a right to request, but you may ask around.

mojoman
January 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Read it, signed it. Good call ephemeros.

As I was about to sign it I realised that the local government of Extremadura, Spain (yes, an EU member state) can't watch the streaming videos from the Coucil of the European Union because they use ... Linux (Debian to be precise).

How about that?

/Mojoman

AndyCooll
January 3rd, 2007, 12:57 AM
Read it. Signed it.

:cool:

ephemeros
January 3rd, 2007, 01:53 AM
yeah, the call was on rootley, but damn these news come and go so fast. i was so lucky i saw it on distrowatch. you were too :P

aktiwers
January 3rd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Signed

Johnsie
January 3rd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Signed... dont listen to the w32codec guys, they are illegal in most places and we should at least "want" to be legal ;-)

viciouslime
January 3rd, 2007, 02:56 AM
Signed :D

K.Mandla
January 3rd, 2007, 04:01 AM
I'd sign it, but I am an ugly American, and that would be dishonest. :roll:

mojoman
January 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'd sign it, but I am an ugly American, and that would be dishonest. :roll:

No, I don't think it would. Why should the politics of the EU only be accessible to it's own citizens? Sure, it's for the citizens to have a say but this is about partaking in information from the EU. They themselves state that this information should be available to everyone, i.e. it is public information.

If you agree and feel so inclined, you should sign it, regardless if you live in EU, USA or outer space. ;)

/Mojoman

steven8
January 3rd, 2007, 09:18 AM
I signed it, and I am from America. This sort of thing affects us all.

haxer
January 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Signed :)

azkehmm
January 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Signed, and the word spread to a bunch of friends who have no idea what it's all about, but they all love petitions :)

Reshin
January 3rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hate to sound like a butthole, but when's the last time petitions like this have actually worked? :-?

robert@debian
January 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Signed it.

But I doubt this will work :sad:

ffi
January 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
European open source guys, please invite yourselves and friends to sign the petition: http://www.p2pnet.net/story/10879. I don't think ppl outside EU have a right to request, but you may ask around.
I am sorry but I will not sign. It will make those powerhungry, taxpayers money wasting, selfrighteous bureaucrats think they are actually important.

Now a petition to get out of EU I would sign instantly :-D

xyz
January 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
Well Switzerland isn't EU...officially!!

ffi
January 3rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
Well Switzerland isn't EU...officially!!

Yes the swiss and norwegians are smart, you get the best of both world bilateral trade free trade treaties with all eu countries without all the political interference of the eu in your own internal business.

ButteBlues
January 3rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
I signed it yesterday, even though I'm an American.

This kind of thing sets a very bad precedent, as they _are_ supporting Microsoft, whether they'd like to admit it or not.

hoagie
January 3rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
I singed it.

mostwanted
January 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
I signed it.

TLE
January 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
I signed it

foofy
January 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Signed :-D

DoctorMO
January 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Now a petition to get out of EU I would sign instantly

The EUC or the EUP? or perhaps you just dislike the EUJC. personally I hate the EUC but quite like the EUP. depends where you come from I suppose but most interference against people is from the EUC; no one complains about the EU working time directive or the human rights laws.

signed it.

rocknrolf77
January 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Signed! (Even though Norway is not a member of the EU the things going on still affect us.)

"Everything public should be for every citizen. Why shouldn't this service be available for people who can't afford a fancy new computer and a microsoft windows license? "

newbie2
January 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
is this (again) a case of 'stupidity' or 'bribery' ??

signed also

rocknrolf77
January 3rd, 2007, 01:38 PM
Gotta love this petition comment : First you fine Microsoft for having a media playerinside their OS, then you decide that that mediaplayer should be the only one able to view yourown streams?

(thumbs up for this guy, giving me a good laugh about how idiotic some people can be)

bonzodog
January 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Have Signed it. The EU can do a lot for us, as long as we send the correct representatives there.

ephemeros
January 3rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Gotta love this petition comment : First you fine Microsoft for having a media playerinside their OS, then you decide that that mediaplayer should be the only one able to view yourown streams?

lol, there are more than 1 comments like that, maybe they feel remorses and want to make free advertising for the poor guys. :D it's really fun.