PDA

View Full Version : Cannonical keeping an eye on these forums?

rajeev1204
January 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
hi

Just wanted to know if the cannonical team reads through these forums to keep tabs on what customers need and/or the problems they face when running ubuntu.

And do they interact with the moderators?

Happy new year

regards

rajeev

bonzodog
January 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Generally, no, they don't.
These forums have only recently become part of the 'official' structure of the Ubuntu community, and is mostly staffed by experienced linux using volunteers. There is next to no communication between 'Ubuntu Proper' (as the offical structure calls itself) and the forums. The main structure, including developers, uses the Mailing lists as the main form of communication.

We know that some of the developers occasionally look in, and we even get the odd post off mark Shuttleworth himself. I would personally hope that this situation will improve over the next year,and we start to see interaction from the main core of the developers and team leaders. It would be nice.

Buffalo Soldier
January 2nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
this might interest you https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumAmbassadors

ubuntu-geek
January 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Sure developers and other canonical/ubuntu people visit the forums some more then others. If there is a general issue or something that requires the attention of someone at canonical they usually email me about it.

Even though we have been the official ubuntu forums since 11/2004 just, recently we got a more official standard in place to managing issues etc here.

More and more people are warming up to the forums and I suspect this year more people will visit her more frequently.