PDA

View Full Version : What are you good at?

~LoKe
December 30th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Most people can do at least one thing better than most, what can you do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXE7p4P3pUw

haxer
December 30th, 2006, 02:45 AM
I can use the ubuntu forums :) ;)

d3v1ant_0n3
December 30th, 2006, 02:56 AM
I'm pretty kick-*** with Google :p

I make a mean roast turkey too.

viper
December 30th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Martial Arts

Bezmotivnik
December 30th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Effortlessly alienating others.

smoker
December 30th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Effortlessly alienating others.

comes easy to me, also:D

Bezmotivnik
December 30th, 2006, 03:30 AM
comes easy to me, also:D
It's a gift, man, what can I say?

jimrz
December 30th, 2006, 03:43 AM
It's a gift, man, what can I say?

it would seem that many of are blessed with this gift ;-)

raul_
December 30th, 2006, 03:56 AM
I think i'm a pretty good football player (soccer for all the fellow americans) :-k wow...a linux user AND a good football player :mrgreen:

kevinf311
December 30th, 2006, 04:27 AM
I guess I would have to go with music. I'm not really all that good at any one thing, but music has always been there. I like to build things, drive things, and build things I can drive.

I like how I could pick out Loke's desk in the youtube video from the "what does your desk look like" thread :)

Bezmotivnik
December 30th, 2006, 04:37 AM
it would seem that many of are blessed with this gift ;-)
But not with the accompanying grace and style of the true master.

ComplexNumber
December 30th, 2006, 05:36 AM
knowing my limitations.

Skia_42
December 30th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Thinking outside the box and questioning.

Stew2
December 30th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Fixing things. I love to take things apart, repair it and reassemble. Perhaps this is why I like computer hardware so much? :)

Regards,
Stew2

fuscia
December 30th, 2006, 11:43 AM
knowing my limitations.

me too. if i ever come across one, i'll know it immediately.

STREETURCHINE
December 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
If i do say so myself but i am a damn fine cook.
(have trade certs for pastrychef,and chef)
yep hell of a cook....:D :D

slimdog360
December 30th, 2006, 11:50 AM
some things I'll tell you about when your older.

EdThaSlayer
December 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Watching anime from sunrise till sunset :D

eXisor
December 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
me too. if i ever come across one, i'll know it immediately

You must not have a meaningful other.

I'm good at:

- Suffering fools
- Elaborating at length
- Synthesis. We have the information, we just don't think
- Vengefully not posting
- Being myself
- Making lists

mostwanted
December 30th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Knowing random facts and using them effectively in classes + Scripting and web programming although I haven't been doing any real programming for over a year.

I also play the lead guitar in a band, but I don't think I'm actually the best guitarist in the band (the bass player is really good at playing the guitar) >_> it's a bit strange.

Lord Illidan
December 30th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Dunno. Probably nothing.

insane_alien
December 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
i'm pretty good at surviving electric shocks from the mains (124 and counting) thats UK mains supply with the 230V none of this 120V crap.

beercz
December 30th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I am good at not being good at anything!

Engnome
December 30th, 2006, 04:20 PM
i'm pretty good at surviving electric shocks from the mains (124 and counting) thats UK mains supply with the 230V none of this 120V crap.

I like physics and unlike many other I can imagine more than 4 dimensions :D I can also tell you that volts aren't what matters, it's the amperes that kills you.

fuscia
December 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
You must not have a meaningful other.

or, i just don't listen to her.

Mr Wrath
December 30th, 2006, 06:57 PM
fuscia...your posts crack me up.

Mr Wrath
December 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Whoops...forgot to type what I am good at...will have to get back to you all.

christhemonkey
December 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Probably playing the Horn.
(got a scholorship at the Royal Academy of Music in London)

:D

bobbybobington
December 30th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty good at making videos, and messing around with computers (well compared to most people anyways). Oh and using parentheses in my writing WAY too much.

neowolf
December 30th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Umm, I'm quite good at Table Tennis, I'm ok at Counter Strike and I'm good at fixing peoples computers. I'm quite good at analysing History and writting essays about Historical/Political events I am told by my History teacher :)

dbbolton
December 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
fuscia...your posts crack me up.
yeah, fuscia should have originally said "forum humour" :D

as for me, i will answer with a question: at what do i not excel?
i'm kidding. i'm one of those people who can do just about everything without trying (at a quite mediocre level) but who lacks a specialty. i really hate it.

macogw
December 30th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Breaking things, figuring out how/why they broke, and fixing them afterward. I used to break computers all the time, that's why I know how to fix them now.

dbbolton
December 30th, 2006, 07:30 PM
oh yeah, if any one ends up saying "biology", give me a pm. ;)

ice60
December 31st, 2006, 06:17 AM
the thing i've had the most success at is BMX, i've got lots of trophies. that was between the ages of 8-13 loooool

if i tried any of that now my foot would probably slip off the pedal, i'd twist my ankle, lose control and go flying over the handlebars :mrgreen:

kuja
December 31st, 2006, 06:24 AM
I'm not good at much of anything :|

Xzallion
December 31st, 2006, 07:02 AM
Taking punches to the face, playing video games and Hackey sack. I'm not much good for anything else.

bastiegast
December 31st, 2006, 12:29 PM
I like physics and unlike many other I can imagine more than 4 dimensions :D I can also tell you that volts aren't what matters, it's the amperes that kills you.

12 V and insanely high amperes doesn't kill you, your body's resistance stops it all. Also with high voltages you will get barely a few amperes through your body: I = U / R where R is quite big since your body has much resistance

Breaking things, figuring out how/why they broke, and fixing them afterward. I used to break computers all the time, that's why I know how to fix them now.
This pretty much summarizes how I learned how linux works. Breaking stuff like the X server and then fixing it. When I was a noob playing around with RH 9 (FC 4 was out by then but I didnt knew that) I once tried to compile a new X server because I saw there was a newer version on their site xD

Erik Trybom
December 31st, 2006, 12:37 PM
I'm a decent swimmer. Finished 4:th in the national championships this summer.
I write some music and poems. I've been told some of them are good.
I'm more than halfway into my studies of microelectronics. It's so damn difficult that I suspect you have to be smart to understand it.

But truth to be told, there are people who are far better than me in all these areas. So while I'm good at many things, I'm not the best at anything.

insane_alien
December 31st, 2006, 01:02 PM

i also do physics and know that its not the volts but you'll also notice that with a higher voltage comes bigger currents for the same resistance. i've had a few hundered thousand volts through me thanks to a tesla coil just an incredibly tiny current though.

bigken
December 31st, 2006, 01:14 PM
Drinking hic :cool:

aidanr
December 31st, 2006, 01:56 PM
Most people can do at least one thing better than most, what can you do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXE7p4P3pUw

[russian accent]I AM INVINCIBLE![/russian accent]

kvonb
December 31st, 2006, 02:13 PM
Making do with what I've got on hand, working out ways around things, looking at things from an alternative perspective, fixing things, making things, building things, can do just about anything if I'm interested enough, arguing that black is really white and having a high success rate at it :rolleyes:.

Oh and also making people believe that I'm listening to what they're saying when I'm actually off in the clouds thinking about something else much more interesting :mrgreen:.

ChadMMc
December 31st, 2006, 02:27 PM
Well, I am good at reading, analyzing problems (at least I think I can, but I have a low self-esteem). I also try to be good at communication.
I also used to be pretty good at computer programming (kind of ended with a serious head injury in '82). Good with animals.
Oh, I am very good at digressing. ](*,)

cstudent
December 31st, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'm good at casting fishing lures into hard to reach places.

M_the_C
December 31st, 2006, 06:07 PM
I am best at doing nothing.
The only trouble is there are other people can do nothing better than me. :(

iPower
January 1st, 2007, 01:41 AM
write bad html and use html tidy to fix all the errors :-D

kevinf311
January 1st, 2007, 03:45 AM
write bad html and use html tidy to fix all the errors :-D

Try writing a full page that must be xhtml strict (with the little icon/link that says 0 errors) without being able to use anything other than Notepad. :mad:

Thanks a lot CS 1371 ](*,)

Mr Wrath
January 2nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Sorry, forgot that to get back to my answer...Pool, Motocross, Stunting Sport Bikes, Paintball, and Computers (in general).

neoflight
January 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
drawing.,
carving.,
etching.,
painting.,
sculpting.,
lathe.,
and the best....
good at being lazy...

Mr Wrath
January 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
oh...and the Rubix Cube

iPower
January 9th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Try writing a full page that must be xhtml strict (with the little icon/link that says 0 errors) without being able to use anything other than Notepad. :mad:

Thanks a lot CS 1371 ](*,)

done that :p