PDA

View Full Version : From a buisness point of view, who do you like the most, who do you like the most?

jincast90
December 29th, 2006, 11:05 PM
From a buisness point of view, who do you like the most? Apple or Microsoft?

I actually think it is quite a hard question. We all know our for the most, common thought about Microsoft, but Apple I always have my doubts about whether I like them or not. Sometimes I get the expression of Apple being very much for Open Source, but then I look at their DRM'ed media. Also how they always seem to use to much time talking about how superior they are, and how much Microsoft sucks being those copy cats they are (Apple statement in my point of view), while they themselves owe allot to the BSD project, and don't talk much about BSD (Or am I wrong?) Then again.. If you have seen Steve Ballmers monkey dance, you really have your doubts about Microsoft too. In the end, I think my vote goes for Apple anyways.

So who do you like the most/or dislike the least ;), lets say like most, since thats what my pole is about and why?

BWF89
December 29th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Microsoft may have the OS market but if I was going to buy stocks I'd buy them in Apple. They keep coming out with new and innovating stuff. New iPods, new and better computers, I hear their even making a cell phone.

Hex_Mandos
December 30th, 2006, 01:56 AM
I take Microsoft any day. The main reason is that Microsoft doesn't restrict me in the hardware I want to use: I can use their products on a PC built from scratch. Apple, however, holds a monopoly on the hardware their products run on. Both companies are big on DRM, so that's a moot point.

Bottom line: I'll take the software monopoly over the OS+hardware monopoly any day.

smoker
December 30th, 2006, 03:23 AM
none of those two have particularly altruistic business practices, don't think i could vote for either