PDA

View Full Version : Komodo is a great IDE...and is in FREE BETA

Phatfiddler
December 29th, 2006, 06:42 AM
ActiveState Komodo is in Beta 3 for the new version 4 that is soon to come out. The download gives you the option of either Professional or Personal versions, and includes a 6-week license for you to use. If anyone is interested in trying out Komodo, now is the chance to. It doesn't include the GUI builder, but is otherwise complete. Just thought I'd let everyone know:)

Beta Downloads Page (http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=Komodo&type=beta)

Works with either libppc5 or 6 for Linux.

Download the tarball to the directory of your choice. Unpack it and follow the instructions in the "readme" file included inside. It's fairly straight forward, even though they package instructions for Windows, Mac and Linux into the same "readme" file. Scroll down near the bottom for the Linux instructions. Using terminal or any other shell, navigate to the directory that you unpacked, and run the install.sh script to start the installation. Follow the directions and you should be good to go.

qalimas
December 29th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I think I'll give it a shot. I don't see myself purchasing it, Quanta is a wonderful IDE and works perfectly for me. But we shall see, I love to try new things.

nsleiman
December 29th, 2006, 07:23 AM
normally i try to avoid paying for software, nice thats still beta :)