PDA

View Full Version : See who is selling linux systems!!!

poohbear1616
December 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Was jumping around the net thinking about a new system and ran across this.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3762908

Don't know if this has been on the site for a while or not, I don't go there very often.

deadgobby
December 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Yes, Wally world has been selling Linspire loaded systems for several years now. There is many more too. If may see that most of the systems are on a AMD or low memory. If you live in Euro you can buy a Dell with Linspire loaded up too. At least when you buy a Linux system. You know for dollar for donuts you can run all most any Linux O/S out there. I bought my PC from a Linux builder with Linspire loaded up. I got use to it and moved to Fedora, Suse, Mepis, and Ubie. However I got a Intel instead of AMD and loaded up on the RAM.
Gobby

steven8
December 29th, 2006, 12:21 AM
# Xandros SurfSide Linux operating system (pre-installed)

Additional software Includes:

# Fed up with malicious spyware, viruses and worms that can monitor your activities, steal your credit information, cripple your machine, and destroy your personal files? Xandros SurfSide Linux provides the Carefree Internet choice:

# New! Xandros Firewall Wizard to prevent unauthorized access
# New! Xandros Antivirus to scan your files and quarantine malicious intruders
# New! Encrypted home folder option to shield your personal files from prying eyes
# New! Encrypted phone calls with Skype so that nobody can listen in on your internet calls
# New! Secure access to your school or business PPTP virtual private network (VPN)
# Restrict log-in access to specific days and times, for example, to keep anyone from logging in at night or on weekends
# Can the spam by letting Thunderbird intelligently filter out likely junk, so that you can get back to reading your mail
# Immunity from most attacks, since most spyware and viruses exploit the vulnerabilities of Windows-based computers

Very interesting. A fella in one of the threads here on the forum was talking about wal-mart and microsoft, saying they have a fantastic working relationship. Maybe not after this little do-dad. . .

rami85
October 31st, 2007, 05:28 AM
take a look at this site, also selling linux desktops, for only $199.99 pretty kool stuff :guitar:

multifaceted
October 31st, 2007, 05:37 AM
Wal Mart selling Linux machines?...... yikes, that may not be a good thing. I was once approached in a Wal Mart by someone who thought I worked there and asked me where he could find a particular "Wa'dappa"...

take a look at this site, also selling linux desktops, for only $199.99 pretty kool stuff :guitar:

What site?

newbie2
October 31st, 2007, 07:24 AM
a long list here (http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/23168/)
:)