PDA

View Full Version : Wil Wheaton: HUGE Ubuntu fan?

jdhore
December 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM
at many times both in his blog and on Indigital (an IPTV show he works on), Wil Wheaton has said he is a big Ubuntu fan...On the latest episode (as of this post) of Indigital (you can get it at: http://www.revision3.com/indigital ), a box on his home theater system was a MythTV box running Ubuntu with Gnome...i'm glad to hear that Ubuntu has good support from the former TechTV family, and a celebrity.

Go Wil and Go Ubuntu

Stew2
December 28th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing him guest host "The Screensavers" a couple of times. At least I think it was the screensavers, it was the one before "Attack Of The Show" on G4 Tech TV. He was pretty good on it and I remember him promoting Linux on the show quite a bit. I vaguely recall him being on with Kevin Rose. Awesome channel by the way, one of the few channels I will watch... and its not just because of Olivia Munn :).

Regards,
Stew2

spockrock
December 28th, 2006, 12:36 PM
man I hate weasly crusher.... the best thing about his character going off with the traveler was him coming back and leaving promptly afterwords.

3rdalbum
December 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Is it life imitating art? (though, come to think of it, I never saw the computer on Star Trek TNG with a caramel Metacity theme)

steven8
December 28th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Perhaps Wil Wheaton could be persuaded to become involved in the Ubuntu Commercial idea?

Stew2
December 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Perhaps Wil Wheaton could be persuaded to become involved in the Ubuntu Commercial idea?

He would definitely be an identifiable semi-celebrity to have promoting Ubuntu. :D

Regards,
Stew2

fuscia
December 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
He would definitely be an identifiable semi-celebrity to have promoting Ubuntu. :D

i'm thinking more people have heard of ubuntu than wil wheaton. could be good for his career, though.

Kernel Sanders
December 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
lol Will Wheaton :mrgreen:

Stew2
December 29th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Check it out! :D

tbroderick
December 29th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Regards,
Stew2

For the love of god...no. Ubuntu should get Alf.

Stew2
December 29th, 2006, 03:11 AM
For the love of god...no. Ubuntu should get Alf.

Is this better? :D Just kidding. I'll stop now :D .

steven8
December 29th, 2006, 03:56 AM
i'm thinking more people have heard of ubuntu than wil wheaton. could be good for his career, though.

lol Will Wheaton

. . .and yet we all, without a moment's hesitation, knew exactly who Wil Wheaton is. . .

TheRingmaster
December 29th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Is this better? :D Just kidding. I'll stop now :D .

How about these images.:lol:

ComplexNumber
December 29th, 2006, 04:15 AM
. . .and yet we all, without a moment's hesitation, knew exactly who Wil Wheaton is. . .
i was thinking the same thing. i've never even heard of him.

fuscia
December 29th, 2006, 04:18 AM

i have no clue who he is.

Somenoob
December 29th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Great, a TNG actor :D