PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft gives gifts to certain bloggers

BoyOfDestiny
December 28th, 2006, 06:28 AM
http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS4598924090.html

Want to know why Microsoft has so many people saying good things about it, despite endless security problems, high-prices, product lock-in, and a big-brother attitude towards using their products? They bribe people.

Microsoft blogger Long Zheng tells us that he and many other bloggers, from the "A-list to Z-list," received an early Christmas present: Acer's Ferrari laptops.

Zheng says his Ferrari 5000 came with an AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core 2GHz CPU, 2GB of DDR2-667 RAM, AMD-ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics, and a 15.4-inch widescreen LCD. It also has a 160GB SATA drive, HD-DVD reader and burner, and a 1.3 megapixel camera. It arrived, of course, pre-loaded with Vista. Not bad, eh, for $2,299 -- or, if you're a blogger that Microsoft wants to influence, free!

Well uh, not too surprising I guess?

ComplexNumber
December 28th, 2006, 06:39 AM
yeah, read that the other day. shameless.

oyvindaa
December 28th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I'd have a Ferrari!

I'd put Dapper on it instantly :D

~LoKe
December 28th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Sweet deal.

Frak
December 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Microsoft should be ashamed, the they're the reason people don't use Linux, and now I have an actual reason to hate microsoft, not just because I wanted too! They're keeping people from using something, which should fall under the first ammendment of the Constitution, denying our freedom of speech, because Microsoft is making BS rules to OEM's!

Stop the Power, before the Power Stops us..., don't sell your soul to the devil just for a laptop!

~LoKe
December 28th, 2006, 09:35 AM
That's a load of crap. They could send me as many laptops as they want and I'm not foolish enough to change my opinion. Kudos to them for trying to sway people.

John T. Monkey
December 28th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Must be nice for them...

Not quite sure how this stops people using something. If that's where they want to throw their money then let them. There's plenty of material on Microsoft on the Internet that's less than flattering. Giving out laptops to a few bloggers won't change that.