PDA

View Full Version : i just saw happy feet

Polygon
December 27th, 2006, 12:39 AM
and i loved it :D

What are your opinions on the movie if you saw it?

For me, i personally enjoyed it very much. The animation was really freaking good, Pixar quality, and in some places, even better. The plot was intresting, but unique and generally enjoyable. This movie does have some realistic elements to it, such as how the penguins lived and some other things, but it also had a unrealistic side, of course with penguins singing, talking, and dancing.

The plot itself made sense overall, (if you use suspension of disbelief of course, and forget there is no such thing as singing and dancing penguins) and the only real complaint about it that i had was the end. The end seemed like they were running out of time and or budget, and it just seemed rushed. It did finish the plot that they had been building up the whole movie, but they could of elaborated and explained what happened a lot better. There was also some deeper meaning, like how humans are destroying the enviroment and we have to stop.

The singing and dancing was great, and i constantly noticed my self keeping the beat by hitting my leg with my hands =P

btw this movie got 77/100 (an average rating from a bunch of reviewers from like newspapers and such) on both metacritic and rottentomatoes, which translates to "generally favorable reviews" and "fresh" (as opposed to rotten)

discuss.

WiseElben
December 27th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I am rather tired of all the new animated movies that are being pumped out. Many reuse ideas from previous hits. Cars made me want to throw up. I simply casted off Happy Feet as another "one of those," but perhaps I'll watch it on DVD once it's out.

~LoKe
December 27th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Robin Williams has awesome voices. I might see it when it comes out on DVD.

Polygon
December 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM
usually pixar makes excellent animated films. Toy story 1 and 2, monsters inc, finding nemo, and it appears that a bugs life and cars were still good movies, but not really up to quality.

But your right that there is a trend of more and more animated movies coming out, and its funny to see some of these companies try. Dreamworks made shrek and shrek 2, which were OK movies i guess.. disney made the mistake to completely drop their old style of making movies by hand and switch to computer animation, and that didnt change the fact that the whole plot of the movies just suck, no matter if its hand drawn or computer animated.

But really you cant tell how good a movie is unless you've seen it yourself. This movie is obviously aimed towards little kids, but i still enjoyed it (im 16)