PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptance is quite ironic imho

unlokia
December 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I recently started a thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=325296

which was and *is* a perfectly civil and logical debate.

It seems that Linux as a whole, begs acceptance at every opportunity, and rejects anything (no matter how subtle or hidden/masqueraded this rejection is!) that goes against your ideals.

I wish to point out to you clearly, that if you expect the world at large to learn about and *use* Linux, then you really would be wise to keep up thw whole "free as in free speech" philosophy that you preach to the masses - or does this not apply to "outsiders"?.

Lest you forget, *everyone* has an opinion, and whether you agree or not is entirely *your* opinion (oh the irony!) - so in theory I could disagree with your closing the thread I started, but hey - I am not going to waste any more of your time :D

I just put it like this - freedom of speech is a right, as long as it is not offensive or violent, and you know that as well as I. Your actions seem a tad hypocritical, seeing it from the point of view that everything Linux is promoting acceptance - accept that my opinion is *simply* that, in this case, you may have have accidentally switched on the selective hearing mode ;).

I reason and debate quite logically, and am civil as far as i can see - so please do something sensible about this nonsense.

Merry Christmas to you!! :D

KiwiNZ
December 26th, 2006, 12:41 AM
To be very blunt unlokia our staff are not as naive as you seem to think we are. Posting that thread as you did with its original title "ubuntu pretends to be Mac-esque" on a Ubuntu Forum you were clearly wanting to start an arguement or to use a popular term a flame war.

This is a moderated forum and Ubuntu Forums reserves the right to moderate content and close threads if we deem it necessary.

The action of the staff to close the thread was inline with the forum guidlines.