PDA

View Full Version : BWF's Guide To Using MySpace

BWF89
December 24th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I got tired of all the mess that is MySpace I took about a half hour and posted this as a bullion. If you can think of anything else that annoys you feel free.

QUICK GUIDE TO POSTING BULLETINS
Are you posting your results to a quiz? If so think. Does anyone really care how you scored? If they are interested in taking quizzes they would have done a web search and logged on to a website like QuizFarm

Does my message contain massive spelling and grammar mistakes? Am I doing this on purpose because I think it's cool? If the answer is yes, your retarded.

Am I making a bulletin to let people know about the awesome new pics I just posted? If yes think for a minute. If your friends cared about your new pics they are are likely checking up on your profile several times a week and would look themselves.

Am I posting 3 pages worth of instant messages? Does anyone on your friends list even know the person your talking with? Even if they do, do they really want to read pages of conversation that doesn't concern them?

Does anyone really care if your bored and for them to get on AIM to talk. If they wanted to talk they would already be signed on. If your too stupid to find something to entertain yourself on the billions of websites that exist you should hang yourself with your computer power cord.

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE POSTING A BULLETIN
-Have I used spell check? Some browsers like Firefox 2.0 have this built in. If your using Internet Explorer install ieSpell: http://www.iespell.com/

-Is my message only going out to one person? If yes, would it be better handled through a private message to that person?

-How often do I use the bulletin system? If the answer is every day or more than once a day you need to stop posting so much stupid crap.

GUIDE TO MAKING A MYSPACE
Does my MySpace contain a background image that makes the text hard to read?

Is my MySpace so loaded with images and embedded YouTube videos it takes hours to scroll through?

Does my MySpace advertise the site that was used to edit the colors and layout of it? Sites such as MySpacePimper do this. If yes remove the buttons and links. If your unable to do this delete your MySpace until you are able to learn at least rudimentary HTML skills.

Does my MySpace require horizontal scrolling on the average monitor set to 1024x768 resolution? If yes remove images or items that stretch out the page.

Lord Illidan
December 24th, 2006, 09:45 PM
You're my hero!!

PriceChild
December 24th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Personally I've succumbed to facebook... Its actually useful and well structured!

Plus It seems to have a nice bit of open development behind it.

WalmartSniperLX
December 24th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I got tired of all the mess that is MySpace I took about a half hour and posted this as a bullion. If you can think of anything else that annoys you feel free.

QUICK GUIDE TO POSTING BULLETINS
Are you posting your results to a quiz? If so think. Does anyone really care how you scored? If they are interested in taking quizzes they would have done a web search and logged on to a website like QuizFarm

Does my message contain massive spelling and grammar mistakes? Am I doing this on purpose because I think it's cool? If the answer is yes, your retarded.

Am I making a bulletin to let people know about the awesome new pics I just posted? If yes think for a minute. If your friends cared about your new pics they are are likely checking up on your profile several times a week and would look themselves.

Am I posting 3 pages worth of instant messages? Does anyone on your friends list even know the person your talking with? Even if they do, do they really want to read pages of conversation that doesn't concern them?

Does anyone really care if your bored and for them to get on AIM to talk. If they wanted to talk they would already be signed on. If your too stupid to find something to entertain yourself on the billions of websites that exist you should hang yourself with your computer power cord.

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE POSTING A BULLETIN
-Have I used spell check? Some browsers like Firefox 2.0 have this built in. If your using Internet Explorer install ieSpell: http://www.iespell.com/

-Is my message only going out to one person? If yes, would it be better handled through a private message to that person?

-How often do I use the bulletin system? If the answer is every day or more than once a day you need to stop posting so much stupid crap.

GUIDE TO MAKING A MYSPACE
Does my MySpace contain a background image that makes the text hard to read?

Is my MySpace so loaded with images and embedded YouTube videos it takes hours to scroll through?

Does my MySpace advertise the site that was used to edit the colors and layout of it? Sites such as MySpacePimper do this. If yes remove the buttons and links. If your unable to do this delete your MySpace until you are able to learn at least rudimentary HTML skills.

Does my MySpace require horizontal scrolling on the average monitor set to 1024x768 resolution? If yes remove images or items that stretch out the page.

HAHA YES

RAV TUX
December 25th, 2006, 02:29 AM
My wife and I actually have a MySpace account that we use to keep in touch with two of her sisters and two family friends...not very active beyond that.

~LoKe
December 25th, 2006, 02:31 AM

:-k

Let people do what they want and don't complain. If it bothers you, do what I do, remove the offender from my list.

RAV TUX
December 25th, 2006, 02:57 AM
here is our profile page....not much action there;)
Jozef & Leah (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43569444)

sailingboarder
December 25th, 2006, 04:25 AM
i completely agree with u, BWF89, that's y i don't have a myspace nemore

it's way 2 addicting, and not worth being addicted 2
its better to b addicted to something better, like this forum :p

BWF89
December 25th, 2006, 04:50 AM
My wife and I actually have a MySpace account that we use to keep in touch with two of her sisters and two family friends...not very active beyond that.
I just use it to send messages to people I know from school if I need to ask them something but can't get a hold of them through IM.

dbbolton
December 25th, 2006, 05:33 AM
i made a myspace music account when there were only about 7 million members (2-3 years ago). i have since moved to purevolume.

RAV TUX
December 25th, 2006, 06:23 AM
i made a myspace music account when there were only about 7 million members (2-3 years ago). i have since moved to purevolume.

I love purevolume.com

my purevolume.com profile page:

http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/oicurmt