PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with people!?

finferflu
December 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I was just browsing the Jamendo forums (for those who don't know, Jamendo is a website promoting free culture, i.e. music under the Creative Commons, which can be downloaded and redistributed freely), and I found a somewhat disturbing post:

Tomorrow perhaps an application will be completed that will reflect back to the jamendo forums one unwanted message for every Jamendo tagged torrent uploaded to mininova.. If more ppl get involved we can make it virtually impossible for admins to easily clean the mess.. The current plan will spam 1:1 regardless of howmany ppl are fighting back.. (Even if 100000 ppl are running the bot, if 500 torrents are uploaded a total 500 messages will be posted here) The topics are parsed from words in other thread titles using basic proper english.. The reason I like this idea is that mininova may stop welcoming this crap if they see alot of downloads of the bot..
Note to admin, Don't waste your time banning me (unless its fast like a macro), I doubt I'll post again and I REALLY don't care about your torrents

I mean, what is wrong with free (as in freedom) music!!?!? I know a lot of bittorrent users use it for illegal purposes, but doing all this to put off Jamendo looks excessive to me. It gets on my nerves :evil:

bonzodog
December 24th, 2006, 07:34 PM
This guy is obviously a troll who has gotten upset with Jamendo Forums over some other issue, and has decided to spam their servers with a bot system. This would only affect windows users, and it seems more of a threat - whether he would actually do this remains to be seen.

Tomosaur
December 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM
One thing he's forgetting is that all the admins have to do is alter the format of the Jamendo tags, thus rendering his 'application' completely and utterly useless.

meng
December 24th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Yet another variety of troll - the empty threat troll. (May have a psychophysiologic basis in sexual failure.)

finferflu
December 24th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Yet another variety of troll - the empty threat troll. (May have a psychophysiologic basis in sexual failure.)

lol! :mrgreen: