PDA

View Full Version : google image labeler

Polygon
December 24th, 2006, 05:41 AM
http://images.google.com/imagelabeler/

this fun thing that google came up with to improve the keywords that are associated with images so you can find a better match when you search for something on like Google images.

to start, basically go to that web page. Sign in to your google account if you have not already, (so you can keep track of your points) and then click "change name" if you want to be known as someone else besides "guest" and then click begin

you will be shown a picture, which you can zoom in a little bit, and the point of the little game is to start labeling the picture that appears. If you and a partner who is also doing the same exact image as you have a matching label, then you get points for that image and you move on to the next one

be SURE to type in one label, press enter (or "label") before typing in a new label, i thought you just had to type all of them that apply into the box and let it sit there, but it doesn't work to well lol

I dont know why, but its fun and addicting!

One thing i did notice however, was that people were labeling images with some weird terms, terms that are completely random compared to the image (you can see what your partner labeled the image as when you are done). Strange.

Praxicoide
December 25th, 2006, 01:07 AM
It's fun for a few minutes, thanks.:)

kettal
December 25th, 2006, 02:54 AM
This is brilliant. Google is getting people to voluntarily improve their image search using a game!

I love this, and I hope it makes their image search more accurate.