PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to edgy or no? oppinions would be appreciated

Busch
December 23rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
I am currently using dapper ofcourse. and am seeing if its totaly worth it upgrading to edgy. I know when i tried to install edgy before it wasnt compatible with my video card, had alot of error's and didnt go well :) but im thinking if i upgrade i could still get edgy but without all those errors and with the nvidia driver for the graphics problem. any suggestions? pro's con's of upgrading and such.

kerry_s
December 23rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Stay with "Dapper" it's solid. You'll find a lot more things that work great in dapper & just sucks in edgy. Just my 2 cents

JurB
December 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM
Why don't you install edgy on another partition and see if you like it?

Reshin
December 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
It's basically dapper with newer(some unstable) apps and aixgl built-in. If you're fine with dapper, don't upgrade.

ajgreeny
December 23rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
I agree with the other posters. I've put edgy on a separate partition on the same machine, different disk actually, and though ot works fine, I find it a little bit slower than dapper, which I admit I've tweaked a fair bit to speed things up. No doubt I could do the same again with edgy, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" unless of course you do just try it on a separate partition like me.

Busch
December 23rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
thanks all im stayin with dapper :) Such a friendly community \\:D/ isnt that the most disturbing smiley

hanzomon4
December 24th, 2006, 12:19 AM
thanks all im stayin with dapper :) Such a friendly community \\:D/ isnt that the most disturbing smiley

Yes, it looks like it just got laid