PDA

View Full Version : editing title after post (test)

rajeev1204
December 23rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
hi

a few questions

1)i want to know how to edit a title after i post it.

i tried doing that in a recent post under go advanced options , but it doesnt seem to change

2)what do things like first cup or flaming beta roaster mean . experience based on number of posts?

3) how do i know whose advice to follow in forums? do u check if a particular solution posted actually works?

thank you in advance !

regards

rajeev

matthew
December 23rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
1)i want to know how to edit a title after i post it.

i tried doing that in a recent post under go advanced options , but it doesnt seem to changeYou are on the right track. Edit->Advanced->change the title. If it is the first post in a thread it will also change the title that appears in the thread listing.

2)what do things like first cup or flaming beta roaster mean . experience based on number of posts? They're just for fun. Click the Forum FAQ link in my signature...there's an entry about this that will give you more info.

3) how do i know whose advice to follow in forums? do u check if a particular solution posted actually works?That's a good question. Generally if a solution has been posted for a while and has received feedback you will know it works. The original poster of a thread can also mark the thread [resolved] by going to Edit->Advanced and checking the box, so that's a good way if you see it done. Otherwise there isn't a good method. Everyone here, staff included, are volunteers and while the help received in these forums is usually quite good it isn't authoritative nor is it sponsored/provided by Ubuntu developers, at least not usually.

rajeev1204
December 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
thank u very much

i edited title after going to advanced but it does not change in main post

it seems to show edited title only when u click on post

correction- it does not . I added testing edit in brackets to above post and it shows in that post only. this post remains same !

iam not sure what is happening

If u see this post, i tried to edit but still stays same

regards
rajeev

matthew
December 23rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Hmm. Sorry about that. Maybe only a moderator can do it? I thought anyone could modify their own titles.

If you have a thread that needs its title edited send one of us a PM with a link to the thread and the desired title or post a new thread here in the Forum Feedback & Help section with the same info and we will do it for you.

PriceChild
December 23rd, 2006, 03:36 PM
Yup, only moderators can edit the title of a thread sorry.

There's currently no way to change this without giving people mod privelages.

rajeev1204
December 23rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
hi

thanks a lot folks . both mathew and flaming betta roaster pricechild! i see that u have edited my post by adding test ! nice.

thanks for everything

regards

rajeev

P.S i have a post in absolute beginner talk right now and it needs to be changed from firefox to firefox radio buttons . please do that?

thanks again

rajeev1204
December 29th, 2006, 07:19 PM
hi

dont u think a user should have permissions to edit his own title?

i think we should so we can better place a query

regards

rajeev

PriceChild
December 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Currently software restrictions prevent this sorry, its not a decision we made.

Pricey

rajeev1204
December 29th, 2006, 08:14 PM
no problem

and u dont have to say sorry all the time

its not ur fault !!

regards

rajeev

Fitzcarraldo
March 7th, 2007, 07:45 PM
hi

dont u think a user should have permissions to edit his own title?

i think we should so we can better place a query

regards

rajeev

Currently software restrictions prevent this sorry, its not a decision we made.

Pricey

What a pity that vBulletin does not allow a non-moderator to edit the thread title of a thread (s)he created. I'm quite surprised it doesn't, as it seems a basic type of thing that people would want to do.

Is this something that vBulletin plan to add in a future release? I think it would be a useful feature to have.