PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite film.

viper
December 23rd, 2006, 04:39 AM
Just for the hell of it what is your favorite film, documentary etc......

Mine would have to be The Godfather Part 1

yabbadabbadont
December 23rd, 2006, 04:59 AM
"Bell, Book, and Candle" or "Real Genius". It just depends on my mood on any given day.

raul_
December 23rd, 2006, 05:11 AM
Fight Club

slugkilla
December 23rd, 2006, 06:35 AM
princess bride or big fish or What dreams may come

BWF89
December 23rd, 2006, 06:42 AM
Every time I'm flipping through the channels and see Forrest Gump I have to drop whatever I'm doing and watch the whole thing.

RAV TUX
December 23rd, 2006, 06:44 AM
Bram Stokers Dracula

dbbolton
December 23rd, 2006, 07:01 AM
it's hard for me to think of a film that wasn't a novel first.

jdhore
December 23rd, 2006, 07:27 AM
at the moment, my favorite file is either Serenity or Stick It, but this changes every couple of months

RAV TUX
December 23rd, 2006, 07:39 AM
The Illusionist is awesome too.

KLineD
December 23rd, 2006, 08:06 AM
Kill Bill or A Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket. Man Kubrick was great.

aysiu
December 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
When Harry Met Sally... hands down.

spockrock
December 23rd, 2006, 08:47 AM
I am not gonna lie Snakes On A Plane, I laughed, I cried, I got scared, I got that warm fuzzy feeling after the movie was done.

slimdog360
December 23rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
I dont know if Im allowed to say the name, but out of 'clean' movies A Clockwork Orange is pretty cool.

Lord Illidan
December 23rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
I liked The Lord of the Rings a lot...First Contact, and I like StarWars Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith..

MaximB
December 23rd, 2006, 09:04 AM
Devil's advocate - the greatest movie I ever seen !
if you haven't seen this movie yet , you MUST see it.

spockrock
December 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
I liked The Lord of the Rings a lot...First Contact, and I like StarWars Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith..

all great movies, but Revenge of the Sith?? :s George Lucas, butchered the dialog in the prequels.

Reshin
December 23rd, 2006, 09:19 AM
all great movies, but Revenge of the Sith?? :s George Lucas, butchered the dialog in the prequels.

Well, it wasn't that great in the OT either.

Gotta say, Terminators 1 & 2 still hold that special something.

jocheem67
December 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Amores Perros: director ------- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327944/ ---------

Are there any more guys and girls getting beyond the usual hollywood-**** ? Which you might expect from the people not using the big OS made by the big company ?

:) This is 75% percent joking and 25% serious ofcourse.....

I did watch crash, good movie. further on Gus van Sant is a nice director. Broken Flowers, The Squid and The whale, all nice...

2nd favorite: c"est arrive pres de chez vous ( in English I think Man eat Dog ), a Belgium movie that beats Tarantino when it comes to a very original and fresh use of violence and dialogue.

At last all the movies made by Sam Peckinpah....

mtron
December 23rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Clerks (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109445/) (big Kevin Smith fan) Lammbock (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258760/) (low-budget german production), Monty Python - Life of Brian (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/) (still amazing), Paradise Now (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445620/) (the best film i saw this year) and still my favourite Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120669/).

OffHand
December 23rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
I really like David Cronenberg's 'Naked Lunch' because it is freaking weird: http://imdb.com/title/tt0102511/ and
Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey because, well... it's just great: http://imdb.com/title/tt0062622/
Spike Lee's 'Get on the Bus' is also excellent: http://imdb.com/title/tt0116404/
If you are in cartoons Les Triplettes de Belleville is awesome: http://imdb.com/title/tt0286244/
I also really like the first 3 Star Wars movies.

Stew2
December 23rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
As bizarre as it may sound, one of my all time favorite movies is Jurrasic Park. The original movie is the one that I like, the sequels were lame :D .

Regards,
Stew2

xpod
December 23rd, 2006, 11:28 AM
Braveheart & Gladiator were pretty good but Mel Gibson dont even compete with a good Laurel & Hardy movie.

Lord Illidan
December 23rd, 2006, 11:29 AM

Lightsaber action.

NeoLithium
December 23rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
I got a few that I love, Godfather I, Apocalypse Now, Casablanca....oh man, I have lots and lots; but still, I think the one I'll watch over and over without stopping is Casablanca. Gotta love Bogart....

fuscia
December 23rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
cocteau's version of 'beauty and the beast'.

http://www.hofstra.edu/images/Cul_Beauty2.jpg

Titus A Duxass
December 23rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
Pulp Fiction or failing that any Tarantino movie.

jocheem67
December 23rd, 2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah!! Paradise now is a great one, pity it didn't get the oscar for best foreign movie...

I really hope lots of people will rent it or even leach it. Great insights in palestinian motivations for bombing the israeli. I love that scene where the guy formulates his suicide videomessage and the guys around look so bored........

s6dalane
December 23rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Here's a few of my favorites: Dogville, Donnie Darko, Ondskan (Evil), Crash, Englar Alheimsins (Angels of the Universe), Meeletu (An Estonian movie :)) Punch-Drunk Love, La Science des rêves (The Science of Sleep).

scrooge_74
December 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Operation Petycoat, Das Boat, Kill Bill, Star Wars (the original set), Indiana Jones (2nd one no), Casablanca.....

viper
December 23rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Another movie that i can watch over and over is, The Fifth Element...

migla
December 23rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

matthew
December 23rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
I got a few that I love, Godfather I, Apocalypse Now, Casablanca....oh man, I have lots and lots; but still, I think the one I'll watch over and over without stopping is Casablanca. Gotta love Bogart....Bogart rocks. I used to live in Casablanca...the movie is better. Now, Fez is a great city. :)

Back on topic. I can't choose just one. Here are a few that I have enjoyed.

The Chosen (based on the Chaim Potok book)
Lawrence of Arabia
The Empire Strikes Back
Serenity
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (and about 15 other Bogart films)
The Man Who Would Be King
Walk the Line
The Lord of the Rings (all of them together...extended editions)
Napoleon Dynamite
12 Monkeys
Henry V
Forbidden Planet
and the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice (but don't tell my wife since I've teased her for years...I mean the thing's over 6 hours long!)

Oh, and I'll probably click "Submit Reply" and think of 15 more I could have included that I like as much or more than these.

h4m574h
December 23rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Most certainly Battle Royale. BR2 was kinda inferior to the original one, but eventrough I still liked it.

But there was a lot of other movies I really enjoyed:
Starship Troopers
U-571
Ringu
Shaun of the Dead
Hunt for the Red October (as well as all movies by Sean Connery -> he's one of the best actors alive)
La Grande vadrouille (Louis de Funes RIP)
and lotsa other movies I can't really remember atm.

wdo_will
December 23rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Apollo 13, A Few Good Men, Air Force One, and I really want to see An Inconvienient Truth.

smoker
December 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM
War of the Worlds, the original one,

any Bogart movie,

also like the bbc historical drama's - Austen, Dickens, whatever...:-)

mips
December 23rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Amores Perros: director ------- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327944/ ---------

Are there any more guys and girls getting beyond the usual hollywood-**** ? Which you might expect from the people not using the big OS made by the big company ?

:) This is 75% percent joking and 25% serious ofcourse.....

We are fortunate that we get a few non-us movies every month. They seem to pick them well as they all seem pretty excellent and makes for good watching, sub-titles or no subtitles. They come from all over the world and if I had a choice I would like to see more of them over the mainstay hollywood crap that you get these days.

Not everything out of la-la land is bad and occasionally they make something good, just tedious to sift through all of them ;) Allthough I'm not really old the TCM channel has some good old stuff on, good movies can stand the test of time. I also enjoy stuff on the Hallmark channel. Ever see the original 'Italian Job' with michael caine ? A lot of hollywood stuff is remakes of old movies, sad thing is the originals are usually better imho.

I have many favourite movies, way to many to remember and list now.

gh0st
December 23rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
It's hard to pick a favorite but if I had to have just one film it would be "The Big Lebowski" l think. "The Dude" is my all time movie hero, he achieves a level of slacking I can only dream of :-)

If you haven't seen it you should try it. It's the Coen brothers at their best, great actors, great dialog, great film-making all round. "Oh Brother Where Art Though" is another great film by the Coen's but I think The Big Lebowski just wins in a head-to-head.

Quote: "The dude abides man, the dude abides" :-)

John.Michael.Kane
December 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The French Connection
The Big Sleep
White heat
The hustler
Key Largo
Bullet

And many other movies..

iPower
December 23rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
one of my favorite films is Pulp Fiction

rado_london
December 23rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Just for the hell of it what is your favorite film, documentary etc......

Mine would have to be The Godfather Part 1

Mine is the same. Notice the avatar:)

jocheem67
December 23rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
We are fortunate that we get a few non-us movies every month. They seem to pick them well as they all seem pretty excellent and makes for good watching, sub-titles or no subtitles. They come from all over the world and if I had a choice I would like to see more of them over the mainstay hollywood crap that you get these days.

Not everything out of la-la land is bad and occasionally they make something good, just tedious to sift through all of them ;) Allthough I'm not really old the TCM channel has some good old stuff on, good movies can stand the test of time. I also enjoy stuff on the Hallmark channel. Ever see the original 'Italian Job' with michael caine ? A lot of hollywood stuff is remakes of old movies, sad thing is the originals are usually better imho.

I have many favourite movies, way to many to remember and list now.

You're South-African right ?

Well, here in Holland it's quite hard to get past Hollywood. Reading most of the replies here, it seems that most people are very much dependent on or just brainwashed by that certain Californian town...no offense ofcourse.
I, myself find it hard still to forget about hollywood and go looking for the independent movies ( American or non-American ). In amsterdam there's the better cinema's with lots of choice from all around the world.
I've been living in Sydney Australia for 3 months with my ( former :-| ) girlfriend who is a documentarymaker with a Korean background. She learned me about the Asian movie. Well there's a lot of stuff going on and the filmmakers that will probably never get a hollywood ticket make some great stuff!!

I can imagine that the US-folks overhere from the somewhat smaller towns are having a hard time looking for non-hollywood stuff? How's the colleges? Are they showing European or Asian films?

matthew
December 23rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
Forgot to mention Supersize Me...I couldn't eat McDonald's and the like for at least 6 months and even now it's a last-choice-only-when-necessary.

Dropbear
December 23rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Clerks (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109445/) (big Kevin Smith fan) Lammbock (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258760/) (low-budget german production), Monty Python - Life of Brian (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079470/) (still amazing), Paradise Now (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445620/) (the best film i saw this year) and still my favourite Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120669/).

Life of Brian still cracks me up whenever I see it. If only I can find it on DVD ](*,) It's the only monty python movie that I really find funny.

JurB
December 23rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
OldBoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldboy) it's.... :shock:
and anything by Woody Allen

mips
December 24th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Forgot to mention Supersize Me...I couldn't eat McDonald's and the like for at least 6 months and even now it's a last-choice-only-when-necessary.

Hopefully the movie changed some peoples minds about fast/junk food.

I stopped eating that junk years ago. McDonalds is pretty bad taste wise, taste like cardboard. Their shakes & ice crem is nice though, made of potato i think ?

RAV TUX
December 24th, 2006, 12:21 AM

Matthew McDonalds has invaded Morocco?...

with all the great Moroccan food it would seem that McDonalds wouldn't fly to well there....I have good friends from Morocco and believe me I look forward to dinner at there house.;)

Bezmotivnik
December 24th, 2006, 02:36 AM
cocteau's version of 'beauty and the beast'.
YES!

For some strange reason, most films that I really enjoyed were French. Let's not forget Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelie) which unfortunately was so popular and inventive that it gave rise to all sorts of annoying pop-culture saturations, parodies and advertising exploitations even in the States. Still, taken away from that it was a remarkable, hilarious film.

Kindred
December 24th, 2006, 02:52 AM
This is Spinal Tap
28 Days Later
Primer
The Matrix (yeah yeah..)
I can't think of many movies I like all that much actually..

OldTimeTech
December 24th, 2006, 02:55 AM
5th Element
1st Matrix
Lion King (yes I am adult)
Cars (I know I know, but it was cute and fun)

I'm sure there is more......

dbbolton
December 24th, 2006, 03:12 AM
not my all-time favourite, but recently i've been infatuated with Dead Poets Society

iPower
December 24th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Taxi (the french original)
Wasabi
Matrix

kuja
December 24th, 2006, 05:32 AM
I like lots of movies ... I can't pick just one favorite though ...
Here's some of the ones I like though:
Terminator 2
Independence Day
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Sin City
Jurassic Park
Star Wars (especially the OT)
Men in Black
The Negotiator
Fight Club
Liar Liar
Akira

yabbadabbadont
December 24th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Taxi (the french original)
Wasabi
Matrix

Hey! I forgot about Wasabi. That's a big ++ from me too. :D

viper
December 24th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Watched Sin City last night................awesome flick, its going on my top ten list. I saw the first release, apparently a new extended version is out now. (pisses me off when they pull that crap) . Any one seen this yet, and if so is it worth it?

iPower
December 24th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Hey! I forgot about Wasabi. That's a big ++ from me too. :D

one of the favorite scenes is with the golf balls and clubs

matthew
December 24th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Matthew McDonalds has invaded Morocco?...

with all the great Moroccan food it would seem that McDonalds wouldn't fly to well there....I have good friends from Morocco and believe me I look forward to dinner at there house.;)Yep. This is a truly shocking development. The city I live in has one million people and one McDonalds. Some of the other cities have several. They are usually full of young people who want the Western style life they have seen on TV and can afford a hamburger, etc. that costs as much as a 4 course meal at a much better restaurant...or famlies with small kids (like mine) who want to play in the playground and eat a Happy Meal as a clown dances around the room.

Back on topic...How could I forget This is Spinal Tap? Yeah, it was crude at times, but if you've had any experience with music and bands it is hysterical.

zgornel
December 24th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Hmm ... Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

Tux Aubrey
December 24th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Some truly great films mentioned here.

Mine:

Pulp Fiction (actually any Tarantino EXCEPT Jackie Brown - which would be in my top 50 anyway)
LA Confidential
Dark City
Soylent Green
The Maltese Falcon
Life Aquatic (with Steve Zizzou)
Huckabees
Mulholland Drive
The Big Sleep (both versions)
Get Shorty
Duck Soup
The Three Stooges go to the Moon
The Godfather (all, one after the other)
Master and Commander: Far Side of the World
Pirates of the Carribean
Fight Club

OK, but if I had to choose just one, it would be Snatch!

(Anyone wishing to psycho-analyse me based on the above list should email me privately.)

matthew
December 24th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I thought of a couple more.

12 Angry Men (the original black & white one is better, but the remake is good as well)

Schindler's List

graabein
December 24th, 2006, 03:46 PM
The Godfather saga is incredible. I also like Abendland by Fred Kelemen (Germany 1999) and lots of others... But I think I have to go with Where Eagles Dare right now it being Christmas and all. \\:D/

Sef
December 24th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Das Boot.

AndyCooll
December 24th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Shawshank Redemption

I also like:
Truman Show
Parole Officer (cos it was made around here, and is quite funny)
+ loads of others of course!

:cool:

dbbolton
December 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Shawshank Redemption

I also like:
Truman Show
Parole Officer (cos it was made around here, and is quite funny)
+ loads of others of course!

:cool:
shawshank redemption was great

bonzodog
December 24th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Sorry, but I am a computer geek through and through, so my top list is Geeky.

My favourite film is Swordfish., followed by Real Genius, and Sneakers.

I think John Travolta as a ruthless terrorist is..scary.

Other favourites include Gladiator, Marx Bros. Duck Soup, xXx, and Hackers.

My favourite Book is by Terry Pratchett, and is called "Lords And Ladies".

Book Description
The fourteenth Discworld novel.

Synopsis
Part of the "Discworld" humorous fantasy series. It's a hot Midsummer Night. Everything ought to be going like a dream as Magrat Garlick, witch, is going to be married in the morning. But crop circles are turning up everywhere and the Lancre All-Comers Morris Team have got drunk on a fairy mound.

From the Back Cover
THE FAIRIES ARE BACK - BUT THIS TIME THEY DON'T JUST WANT YOUR TEETH...

Granny Weatherwax and her tiny coven are up against real elves.

It's Midsummer Night. No time for dreaming...

With a full supporting cast of dwarfs, wizards, trolls, Morris dancers and one orang-utan. And lots of hey-nonny-nonny and blood all over the place.

About the Author
Terry Pratchett
Terry Pratchett is one of the most popular authors writing today. He lives behind a keyboard in Wiltshire and says he 'doesn't want to get a life, because it feels as though he's trying to lead three already'. He was appointed OBE in 1998. He is the author of the phenomenally successful Discworld series and his trilogy for young readers, The Bromeliad, is scheduled to be adapted into a spectacular animated movie.

Anonii
December 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
ERASURHEADU, because David Lynch is superior, for great justice!

Christmas
December 24th, 2006, 08:10 PM
The Godfather here too. I just love Al Pacino. There's also a movie with Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain, called Lolita (http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:137204) which I used to like a lot. Also, I love any of Robert de Niro's movies.

tseliot
December 24th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Blade Runner

Anonii
December 25th, 2006, 02:40 AM
The Godfather here too. I just love Al Pacino. There's also a movie with Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain, called Lolita (http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:137204) which I used to like a lot. Also, I love any of Robert de Niro's movies.
For ****s sake! Watch Kubrick's previous version its muuuuuuuuch better.

mips
December 25th, 2006, 03:38 AM
For ****s sake! Watch Kubrick's previous version its muuuuuuuuch better.

The title says "Your favourite film", not yours.

dashnak
December 25th, 2006, 04:30 AM
It would have to be The Addiction, Fight Club, or United States Of Leland, depending on my mood, maybe American Beauty as well....
EDIT: Damn, also Blade Runner... And.... And... Ok, Gonna shut the hell up now....

mojoman
December 25th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Picking one single movie just isn't right but asked at gunpoint I'd probably have to say Miller's Crossing (Cohen brothers). I recently bought a HD-projector, setting it up as a Dual Monitor. Damn, I'm watching a lot of movies these days! :D

Bezmotivnik
December 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Miller's Crossing (Cohen brothers).
Yeah, that's another good one!

der_joachim
December 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM
You're South-African right ?

Well, here in Holland it's quite hard to get past Hollywood. Reading most of the replies here, it seems that most people are very much dependent on or just brainwashed by that certain Californian town...no offense ofcourse.

Hear hear! The dutch are cinematic zombies.

I have to admit that two of my favorite movies are Hollywood ones as well, so that may make me a cinematic zombie as well. :) One is The Princess Bride by Rob Reiner and the other is Mulholland Drive by David Lynch.

OffHand
December 25th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Hear hear! The dutch are cinematic zombies.

There are a few Dutchies with taste (me... hahaha): http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1922281&postcount=20

oyvindaa
December 25th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Right now it's probably "Don't Look Now".

Apart from that I'm a fan of David Lynch and the Coen brothers, they're geniuses.

Cyril
December 25th, 2006, 10:15 AM
momento

mushroom
December 25th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I don't think I've seen a film that better demonstrates the anguish of a creative block better than Adaptation.

Spoilers ahead.

It came into being because the writer couldn't reliably adapt a book about flowers into a script, so the movie is a fictionalized account of the writer himself trying to adapt the same book into a screenplay, and in his discouragement, writes himself as a character into it who, you guessed it, is trying to adapt the same book into a screenplay. Near the end, the writer goes to a screenwriting convention, where he receives a set of guidelines on how to and how not to end a movie. The movie itself then proceeds to break every one of these guidelines. It's like a film detailing the easiest ways to ruin a film by being over-philosophical or trying to blow the audience's minds, but instead of seeming pretentious or overblown, it nails it right on the head. The "mind-blowing" factor isn't even the half of it. All of the characters are developed completely, not one seems two-dimensional or shallow. Nothing seems fake, scripted, or made-up (until the end, but it was intentional), and despite ending the movie in a way that would be dull and cliche in a normal film, it somehow transcends that, and not just because of its self-reference. It's hilarious, tragic, insightful and delightfully insipid at the same time and in the absolute most appropriate amounts. In short, it's the best film I've ever seen.

Spoilers end here.

Of course, if you're talking about sentimental value, it would be Back to the Future, simply because I saw it something like over seventy times at the ages of 3-5. It's also a really good popcorn flick. Not something that will make foreign emotions well up within you, but definitely something exciting and fun. Its sequels' minor cheesiness prevent them from being as good as the first, but they're better than most of the family films produced today. And not just on the technicality that neither of them star Tim Allen.

STREETURCHINE
December 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Kill Bill or A Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket. Man Kubrick was great.

gotta love kubrick ,but my all time favorite would have to be the rocky horror picture show :D =D>

Gargamella
December 25th, 2006, 01:41 PM
the best funny film: Road Trip (too funny story and good music)
I think "The Truman show" is a very good film..."Lilya Forever" too

thesmartace
December 25th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Jurassic Park :D

ixus_123
December 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM
"Is Harry On The Boat?" - based on the book & had a tv series spin off that I doubt was any good.

"Football Factory" is also good

Goonies - although I'm sure that goes without saying

Onyros
December 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
My favourite movie is Peter Greenaway's "The Pillow Book".

I also love Mike Leigh's "Naked", which has one of the most enlightened displays of acting I've ever seen, by David Thewliss (who has to make his bucks right now making Harry Potter's movies and all).

I would put Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" right up there, if it wasn't based on the censored version of the book, which was released in the USA without its last chapter. Too bad, too friggin' bad.

Now, what I would really like to see put into film... "The Silmarillion", I can't even imagine the Ainulindalë in a movie!

Also, just imagine a documentary based on Aldous Huxley's "The Doors of Perception"!

Koori23
December 25th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Crash
Scent of a Woman (Whoa!)
The Saint
Godfather Part 2
Devils Advocate
The World's Fastest Indian
The Recruit
Thirteen Days (About Cuban Missle Crisis)

Umm.. I think those are my favorites for now..

Blondie
December 27th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Taxi Driver

Dances with Wolves

dbbolton
December 27th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Scent of a Woman (Whoa!)

:-k

viper
December 27th, 2006, 06:34 AM

:mrgreen:

illu45
December 27th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Hm.. I'm quite fond of The Legend of 1900, and Seven Samurai. The Last Samurai isn't bad either, if you're into that kind of thing.

H.E. Pennypacker
December 27th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Some Kind of Wonderful.

Watts rocks!

hypnotic_frog
December 27th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I love movie at all! I can see it all days and nights!
"Ice Age" is pretty cute :)

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/6315/belka3xz6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

viper
December 27th, 2006, 02:31 PM

Must admit i love this flick also........:)

mand0
December 27th, 2006, 03:02 PM
2001 Space Odyssey
Barry Lyndon
Pi

inf0c0m
December 27th, 2006, 03:07 PM
oldboy, or irreversible

shrimphead
December 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Brother by Takeshi Kitano (although spoiled by the last 5 mins). or Casshern, or possibly John Woo's the Killer.

I don't really have a "favourite film" there are just too many that I love.

EDIT:

changed my mind

oldboy

Best. Film. Ever.

roderikk
December 27th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Lucky Number Slevin, Schindler's List, Big Fish

KingBahamut
December 27th, 2006, 05:01 PM
3 way tie - Full Metal Jacket, Shawshank Redemption, and the classic streamline video release of Fist of the North Star

illu45
December 27th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ah, yes, Pi was very interesting. Quite odd, too. Shawshank Redemption is always good, too.

profshiny
December 27th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I have many, many near-favorite movies, but my absolute favorite is SLC Punk.

[L2G] Slapshot
December 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Blade Runner

Ommadon
December 28th, 2006, 10:52 AM

And I like funny movies like Shrek, Over the Hedge, Ice Age etc...

Cute avatar hypnotic_frog! Where is it from? :D

Chemist
December 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

OffHand
December 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

If you like that movie, you should definitely watch The Naked Lunch.

Titus A Duxass
December 28th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Blade Runner - How can I have forgotten that classic, but not the director's cut.

hypnotic_frog
December 28th, 2006, 02:38 PM
And I like funny movies like Shrek, Over the Hedge, Ice Age etc...

Cute avatar hypnotic_frog! Where is it from? :D

I did it myself. It's easy. If you wanna do something like this I can suggest to you one good software. video_avatar (http://www.geovid.com/Video_Avatar) - one of the best tool I know.. Make sure.

Cheers! :)

JAPrufrock
December 28th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Apocalypse Now
Disney's animated Beauty and the Beast

rocknrolf77
December 28th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Can't make up my mind, if i say one movie I'll regret not saying another one in a minute I think.

But you gotta love this guy : http://www.comedy-zone.net/images/people/comedians/brooks-mel.jpg

TooRight
December 28th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Armegeddon,
Shawshank Redemption,
Schindler's List,
The Notebook,
The Pursuit of Happyness

skinny
December 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Clubbed To Death, Trainspotting are up there but Monty Python and the Holy Grail will forever remain my favourite

$

JoeC21
December 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
The Bourne Identity/The Bourne Supremacy

Vorian
December 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
The Bourne Identity/The Bourne Supremacy

Those are great!

My all time favorite is Tombstone (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/)

viper
December 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Those are great!

My all time favorite is Tombstone (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/)

Could watch Tombstone over and over.......

Vorian
December 28th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Could watch Tombstone over and over.......
I watch it at least once a day! :mrgreen:

Amorphous_Snake
December 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I have lots and lots of favourites, but here is what comes to my mind now:

The Godfather
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Lawrence of Arabia
2001: A Space Odyssey
Requiem for a Dream
Saving Private Ryan
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Goodfellas
Memento
Pulp Fiction
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Once Upon a Time in the West
Grave of the Fireflies
The Lion King (I am 20 years old!)
Beauty and the Beast (The Disney version)
The Treausre of the Sierra Madre
Full Metal Jacket
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Dr. Strangelove
Amores Perros
Lock, Stock and 2 Somking Barrels
The Matrix
.................................... That's what I remember now! Not to mention some Egyptian movies you probably haven't heard of!

But if I was to be left on Mars with just one movie, I will have to choose one of: The Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia or 2001: A Space Odyssey. These movies are as near perfect as any movie can be.

Edit: How did I forget to mention: Apocalypse Now!, Black Hawk Down, Aliens, Cidade de Deus (City of God), Leon, Seven Samurai, Yojimbo and American History X.

Edit 2: And Dances with Wolves, Gladiator and Braveheart

You know, I like these top movies threads! Because someone may mention a movie I haven't seen, and so I will go and watch it if I have the time. Not all good movies are in the IMDb Top 250 or in the AFI Top 100.

amo-ej1
December 28th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Some random things that pop up, Pi, Donnie Darko, Babel, select * from tarantino, memento, x-men{1..3}, a beautiful mind, swordfish and that's it for now ;)

steven8
December 29th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels

Oh yeah!!

AND Snatch!

Also:

Gosford Park
Big Trouble in Little China
Any Woody Allen movie
Men in Black
Ghostbusters
All the Star Trek movies
All Pixar movies
All Charlie Chan movies
All Mr. Moto movies

Somenoob
December 29th, 2006, 05:00 AM
V for Vandetta and first contact and many other of the Star Trek film series.

zendiagrams
December 29th, 2006, 06:40 AM
There are a few:

Slap Shot
Strange Brew
Hellraiser
Buckaroo Banzai
George Romero's Dead Series
Tron
Star Wars Series
Robotech/Macross
Princess Bride
Clerks

viper
December 29th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Of course as in my sig quote ............Field of dreams.

Ommadon
December 29th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I did it myself. It's easy. If you wanna do something like this I can suggest to you one good software. video_avatar (http://www.geovid.com/Video_Avatar) - one of the best tool I know.. Make sure.

Cheers! :)

Thank you hypnotic_frog! I'll check this out! :D

noneofthem
December 29th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I could think of a lot of movies. However one that was the most impressive movie I have ever seen was "Lost Highway" by David Lynch. I must have seen it 27 times by now and I am still not sure I understand everything. You just have to watch it again and again and again and...

RomeReactor
December 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Ghost World comes to mind...

bigken
December 29th, 2006, 02:12 PM
An oldie but a classic just like me The Warriors

otake-tux
December 29th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I like the Godfather I and II
casablanca
crouching tiger hidden dragon
the bbc version of pride and prejudice (don't tell ANYONE!)
Saving private ryan
true lies (watched it a million times and it's funny)
clerks
kill bill
pup fiction
singing in the rain (tell NO ONE!)
a few good men
braveheart
and anchors away

reading that list kidn of shows the kind of person I am. it's funny.

Redlance
December 29th, 2006, 05:05 PM
ZOMG!! ZOMG!! Robot Monster!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ro_man.jpg

:D
just kidding :p

its a tie
The original black and white version of 'All quiet on the western front' or 'John Carpenter's the thing'

Rumor
December 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
So few westerns mentioned in this thread:

The Outlaw Josey Wales -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075029/
Unforgiven -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/
Lonesome Dove -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096639/
Tombstone -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/
Broken Trail -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482857/
Open Range -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316356/

in my opinion, Robert Duvall is the best western films actor.

And one non-western that bears mention:
Second Hand Lions -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327137/
Which also features Duvall :D

LanceM
December 29th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Drama: 1. Life is Beautiful 2. Schindler's List
Sci-fi: Blade Runner 2. Alien
Comedy: Christmas Vacation 2. Arsenic and Old Lace
Western: The Outlaw Josey Wales 2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Interestedinthepenguin
December 29th, 2006, 08:33 PM
The only movie that comes to mind is Miyazaki's Spirited Away. :)

...watching movies hasn't been my thing ever since I got into computers, watching anime, and reading manga. :roll:

Mr Wrath
December 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Favorites: Shawshank Redemption and Hackers

General: All the comic book movies...Hulk could've been much better.

christhemonkey
December 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM
My all time favourite list (in no particular order!):

Fear and loathing in last vegas
Withnail and I
Anchorman
Team America
Wallace and Gromit

[L2G] Slapshot
December 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry my memory is terrible these days but, did I mention Blade Runner.

OffHand
December 31st, 2006, 01:03 AM
The only movie that comes to mind is Miyazaki's Spirited Away. :)

I like that one too. Great cartoon.

Skia_42
December 31st, 2006, 01:07 AM
I switch around to much, the best one I've seen recently is Patch Adams.

christhemonkey
December 31st, 2006, 03:11 PM
Oh and Happy Gilmore!

Great movie, Adam Sandler in general is hilarious.

justinlb
December 31st, 2006, 05:20 PM
Hard question, I would probably go with Ocean's 11 and Spinal Tap.

sanderella
December 31st, 2006, 07:16 PM
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Matrix Trilogy
and a Chinese film, Raise the Red Lanterns.

Magnes
December 31st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Hotaru no haka - Graveyard of Fireflies (don't know the exact English title)
It's the best film ever made. Very sad also. :( It's a must see for every human on Earth in my opinion.

Xzallion
December 31st, 2006, 08:32 PM
My favorite movie is Kung Pow: Enter the fist. Yes, I know its stupid as hell, but I can watch it again and again... (46 times and counting) and at one time could quote it word for word from beginning to end (won $50 in a bet that I couldn't).

Other then that, Aliens from the Alien Trilogy. "Its game over man. Game over!" wonderful quote, awesome action, and the frontloader fight. "Get away from her you B****!"

In anime I would have to say Cowboy Bebop. I love that anime.

coder_
December 31st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/)

I'm an absolute geek. It's really one of the only movies I like. I'm not a big fan of movies. It is also the only movie I can watch more than once without being bored.

Xzallion
December 31st, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hotaru no haka - Graveyard of Fireflies (don't know the exact English title)
It's the best film ever made. Very sad also. :( It's a must see for every human on Earth in my opinion.

I think the english title is "Grave of the fireflies". Been meaning to see it, my buddy keeps telling me about it. He studies Japanese along with Psych and law, so I trust his translation of the title.

viper
January 1st, 2007, 12:47 AM
Oh and Happy Gilmore!

Great movie, Adam Sandler in general is hilarious.

Oh yeah, The Wedding Singer, i can watch that over and over......

maniacmusician
January 1st, 2007, 01:48 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but one of my favorite movies ever is Memento (with Guy Pierce as the main character). I loved that movie, especially because it actually took a small amount of brainpower to appreciate it, and I've been able to watch it a few times over without getting bored.

And that ending kicked ***. I can appreciate how hard it is to have good endings for movies, and this one really nailed it IMHO.

hypnotic_frog
January 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Thank you hypnotic_frog! I'll check this out! :D

You are welcome! :)

steven8
January 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but one of my favorite movies ever is Memento (with Guy Pierce as the main character). I loved that movie, especially because it actually took a small amount of brainpower to appreciate it, and I've been able to watch it a few times over without getting bored.

And that ending kicked ***. I can appreciate how hard it is to have good endings for movies, and this one really nailed it IMHO.

That's because the ending. . .was the beginning!! That movie was too cool!!

blackened
January 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM
This is such an expansive topic I'd have to break it down by native language.

French:
Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast
Kiezlowski's Trois colours and La Double vie de Véronique
Jean de Florette and Manon des sources

Spanish:
Amores Perros
Abre los ojos
Diarios de motocicleta
Y tu mamá también

Portuguese:
O Homem Que Copiava
Carandiru

Japanese:
Nobody Knows
Ran

And finally English:
Lost In Translation
Trainspotting
Human Traffic
Imaginary Heroes
Garden State
Beautiful Girls
A Home At The End Of The World
American Beauty
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Requiem For A Dream
Before Sunrise
Me Without You
Japanese Story
Saved!
The Station Agent
A River Runs Through It
Master And Commander The Far Side Of The World

To name a few :)

xyz
January 9th, 2007, 03:31 PM
The one film that comes to mind right now is "Le Roi de Coeur" (The King of Hearts) made by Philippe de Broca. I loved it for its humanity.

World War 2 - France - The Germans are closing in on this small village. The whole town is fleeing but they forgot to lock the nuts' house. The "nuts" manage to take over the place; thus making it paradise to live in.

Plot Summary for
Roi de coeur, Le (1966)

During the latter part of World War I, Private Charles Plumpick is chosen to go into the French town of Marville and disconnect a bomb that the German army has planted. However, Charles is chased by some Germans and finds himself holed up at the local insane asylum, where the inmates are convinced that he is the "King of Hearts." Feeling obligated to help the inmates, Charles attempts to lead them out of town, but they are afraid to leave and frolic about the streets in gay costumes. Will Charles be able to deactivate the bomb in time and save his newfound friends?

Summary written by Rick Gregory {rag.apa@email.apa.org}

An ornithologist mistaken for an explosives expert is sent alone into a small French town during WWI to investigate a garbled report from the resistance about a bomb which the departing Germans have set to blow up a weapons cache. He arrives to find a very eccentric group of townspeople, inmates of the local insane asylum, as it turns out, who have stepped into the characters of the fleeing villagers.

Summary written by fyr

MrDigital1
January 9th, 2007, 05:56 PM
How does one narrow down favorite films?

I can't believe nobody here has mentioned....

Army of Darkness. Bruce Campbell is awesome.

On with the rest :)

Star Wars Original Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
Spaceballs
Young Frankenstein
Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Oh hell, most stuff from Mel Brooks I love.
The Sixth Sense
The Godfather
The Princess Bride
Hero
House of Flying Daggers
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Appleseed
Serenity
Pretty much anything with Jackie Chan, especially the older non-Americanized movies.
Speaking of Jackie Chan, have you seen Ong-Bak yet? Holy crap Tony Jaa might be the next Jackie Chan.

My favorite Anime series I've seen so far is Ghost in the Shell. Does somebody have good recommendations based on that? :D

OK, I could go on for a long time but I'll stop now.

viper
January 10th, 2007, 12:49 AM
How does one narrow down favorite films?

I can't believe nobody here has mentioned....

Army of Darkness. Bruce Campbell is awesome.

On with the rest :)

Star Wars Original Trilogy
Pulp Fiction
Spaceballs
Young Frankenstein
Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Oh hell, most stuff from Mel Brooks I love.
The Sixth Sense
The Godfather
The Princess Bride
Hero
House of Flying Daggers
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Appleseed
Serenity
Pretty much anything with Jackie Chan, especially the older non-Americanized movies.
Speaking of Jackie Chan, have you seen Ong-Bak yet? Holy crap Tony Jaa might be the next Jackie Chan.

My favorite Anime series I've seen so far is Ghost in the Shell. Does somebody have good recommendations based on that? :D

OK, I could go on for a long time but I'll stop now.

As for Anime check out Ninja Scroll, freaking awesome series.....

Pobega
January 10th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Almost Famous

jbayone
January 10th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Either City of God or A Scanner Darkly

lucky_chouhan
January 10th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Hackers, Swordfish.

DoctorMO
January 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM
My problem is that I like TV more than I do the pictures. serenity was a great film but then I also liked the tv show (firefly).

I would say 'Monty Pythons - The Life of Brian' which was just such a good film all round 'He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy'

mips
January 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM
The one film that comes to mind right now is "Le Roi de Coeur" (The King of Hearts) made by Philippe de Broca. I loved it for its humanity.

World War 2 - France - The Germans are closing in on this small village. The whole town is fleeing but they forgot to lock the nuts' house. The "nuts" manage to take over the place; thus making it paradise to live in.

That sounds interesting.

ice60
January 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Manhunter is the best film ever. it's a fact too :mrgreen: it's made by Michael Mann (the guy who did miami vice :cool: )

it's the film of the novel Red Dragon (which was recently remade as the third of the Hannibal Lecter films called Red Dragon, but Manhunter is 100 times better than Red Dragon)

i just read some reviews and some noobs think Red Dragon is better than Manhunter loooooooooooooooooooooooool

well, if you use to watch miami vice and liked the music they used, and you like the Hannibal Lecter films, then you should like Manhunter. i love the soundtrack too :-D

download EVAPORATION - SHRIEKBACK and you'll get the idea about the music :rolleyes:

oh yeah, i might watch it now

check out some of the reviews -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/usercomments

petriomelony
January 10th, 2007, 04:04 PM
prolly the Empire Strikes Back. and i challenge anyone to a Star Wars trivia battle :P

CheshireMac
January 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Two different genres . . .Spiderman 2, soon to be 3, and then Elizabethtown (It just replaced Good Will Hunting last year.)

petriomelony
January 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Two different genres . . .Spiderman 2, soon to be 3, and then Elizabethtown (It just replaced Good Will Hunting last year.)

what's your opinion on the fact that venom isn't playing a super big role in spiderman 3?

gfg
January 10th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Se7en and Old boy share my first place of best film I've seen. Old Boy is a Korean film and not that known to many, but it's really excellent, and I recommend everyone to watch it if you can.

PapaWiskas
January 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Not that it is my favorite film, but for some reason whenever I see Death to Smoochy, I can not for the life of me change the channel or stop watching it.](*,)

Patrick-Ruff
January 10th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Donnie Darko or the Shawshank Redemption

oddabe19
January 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
So many, but for me:

Silence of the Lambs (I Can't believe noone has said this already)
Young Frankenstein & Blazing Saddles
One Flew over the Coo-coo's Nest
Godfather series
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, 2001, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining
Shawshank Redemption
Most older disney movies (most until after lion king... after that they suck)... yes I know i'm 24 years old.
Ice Age... well... only the parts with that squirrel.
Hoodwinked... well, not really, again only the parts with the hyper squirrel... something about squirrels.
the original Dracula (1931)... Bela Lugosi still creeps me out to this day
Star Trek's 2, 6, 8
Terminator Series (well... 1 and 2)
Monty Python's Holy Grail and Life of Brian

i could go on and on

patrick295767
January 10th, 2007, 08:47 PM
all movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger

mips
January 10th, 2007, 08:51 PM
all movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger

That would be absolute torture for me...

derjames
January 10th, 2007, 08:53 PM
(1) Star Wars
(2) BAck to the future
(3) All about James Bond
(4) Indiana Jones

Lux Perpetua
January 11th, 2007, 01:12 AM
As bizarre as it may sound, one of my all time favorite movies is Jurrasic Park. The original movie is the one that I like, the sequels were lame :D I agree. I enjoyed it as a child, and I enjoy it now. I'll go ahead and say that the velociraptors in that movie are the scariest movie creatures I've ever seen.

Another movie I can watch over and over is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, along with Raiders of the Lost Ark. I found The Temple of Doom to be somewhat inferior, though.

Another favorite: The Seven Samurai, a Japanese classic. (Don't be put off by its length; trust me.) There is an American copy called The Magnificent Seven, but it's merely a shadow of the original. I wouldn't even recommend it except for the music.

If I had to pick one favorite movie, it would have to be...Memento. I never would have heard of it if someone hadn't told me about it. If you don't know about it, the protagonist has short-term memory loss so that he can't form new memories; he can only remember the past two minutes. (Believe it or not, this is a real medical condition that has been documented.) The story is therefore told two minutes at a time, in reverse order, so we, like the main character, don't know what happened more than two minutes ago. I know, it sounds like a gimmick, but in this case, the story itself and the method of storytelling are a perfect match.

atezun
January 11th, 2007, 09:44 AM
My favorite film would have to be a tie between "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and "It's All Gone Pete Tong".

Other close runner-ups:
Annie Hall
Matchpoint (I love woody Allen)
Strangers on a Train
Clockwork Orange
Les Triplettes De Belleville
Good Bye Lenin!

truthfatal
January 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Barefoot Gen
Based on the graphic novel by Keiji Nakazawa.

It focuses on a Japanese Family in Hiroshima, in 1945...
I found it very intense.

manmower
January 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
"It's All Gone Pete Tong".
Excellent movie indeed. :)

Jenda
January 11th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Snatch!

All the way. Great stuff.

henriquemaia
January 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Psycho (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/) (1960)

Bigbluecat
January 11th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Ahhhhh. Too difficult to choose just one.

Blazing Saddles
A Clockwork Orange
Harvey
Buffalo Soldier

Honourable mentions:

Man Bites Dog
Dogma

petersjm
January 11th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Fav movie ever? Hands down it's got to be E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083866/). No contest. It still makes me cry and I'm a grown man!

Bezmotivnik
January 12th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Wait, has nobody mentioned Desperate Living? :-k

euler_fan
January 12th, 2007, 06:19 AM
A Clockwork Orange. Close seconds are Apocolypse Now, Big Jake, and Silverado.

arsenic23
January 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Ah, I just can't help myself, I'm really a big kid at heart:

Transformers the Movie

I watched this so much in my youth that I used to be able to close my eyes and read off the opening and closing credits, in time with the music.

drfalkor
January 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Cast Away, Forrest Gump or The Guardian :neutral: OR the whole Band Of Brothers series !

blackened
January 12th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Either City of God or A Scanner Darkly

Wow, I can't believe I left out City of God. Fantastic film. If you've not seen it, go rent it NOW.

CheshireMac
January 13th, 2007, 07:18 AM
what's your opinion on the fact that venom isn't playing a super big role in spiderman 3?
I'm actually fairly okay with it right now, having not seen what they've done to the story. I'm confident it will get picked up in coming sequels if it was meant to be . . .I REALLY hope it was meant to be. ~LOL~ I'm really more curious to see what they do with Goblin 2 and Harry . . .I've heard there's death to be had, so I'm anticipating a lot of character development leading up to some great climax scene like we've enjoyed in the first two films.
I really can't cast any doubt on Sam Raimi . . .he hasn't let me down ever, dating back to Evil Dead (made on a buck-fifty, but it rules over all the other B-Horror flicks ever made). Sam Raimi has an insanely good instinct when it comes to movie-making, and he'll take that to his grave, I think. He's one of a kind in his field.

Mateo
January 13th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Truman Show, A Chinese Ghost Story, Double Indemnity, Rules of the Game, Brazil, The Battle of Algiers.

Coop
January 13th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Hi
My favourite cartoons are Megas XLR and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi show and my favourite movies are Star Wars ep 1-6,Lord of the Rings 1-3 ,I, Robot, Around the world in eighty days (the Jackie Chan one),Terminator 1-3 and many others.
Regards Coop

Obor
January 13th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Pulp Fiction
Trainspotting
Goodfellas
the Godfather (even the 3rd one)
8mm
Requiem for a dream
Bagdad cafe

aliyanage
January 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Jacky Brown
Pulp Fiction
Sin City
Drumlines
The departed
Hackers
Darwins Nightmare
We feed the world

Kateikyoushi
January 13th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Yojimbo, Gladiator comes pretty close and hearing Indina's soundtrack makes my day as well.