PDA

View Full Version : my shipit cds are here

ssam
May 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM
just to let people know, my order of ubuntu hoary cds have arrived in manchester, uk this moring.

they are postmarked from the netherlands

thanks ubuntu people and mr shutleworth

ps, if anyone in manchester needs a copy let me know

XDevHald
May 7th, 2005, 01:03 PM
just to let people know, my order of ubuntu hoary cds have arrived in manchester, uk this moring.

they are postmarked from the netherlands

thanks ubuntu people and mr shutleworth

ps, if anyone in manchester needs a copy let me know
Good to hear! Hope everything goes well ssam :)

SparkyDawg
May 7th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Awesome, I hope I get mine soon so I can dish them out to some of my friends.

kewa
May 7th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Excellent news Sam. Still waiting for mine but hopefully they won't take too long.

Just out of interest when did you order yours?

ssam
May 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
i ordered them about a week or two before hoary when final.

and it was a mixed order of powerpc, 386, and amd-64

kewa
May 7th, 2005, 05:15 PM
So that's 5/6 weeks or so. Looks like I've still got a bit of a wait as my order's only been in a couple of weeks. Something to look forward to though. Good luck with the install.

kvidell
May 7th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Wonder when I'm going to get mine out here in Ye Ol' California.
- Kev

gylf
May 8th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Mine came today in Lansing, MI. Includes both a LiveCD and install CD in each sleeve; they look really sharp. Thanks Ubuntu Team!

RastaMahata
May 8th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Im still waiting for them here :( I hope they arrive soon.

kumakun
May 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Weeeheheheehe!! Lansing, Mi! That's just across the pond! If they've arrived there, maybe mine will arrive monday! It'd certainly make my fiancee' happy. For 6 weeks it's been "I Want my ubuntu cd's!" She's getting sick of hearing it.

..Oh..By the by, hullo. I'm one of the new kids on the block. Hoary'll be my first Ubuntu version. I'm excited.

Kuma

-TayloR-
May 8th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Hmm Manchester, im not too far away so hopefully mine will arrive shortly also. And welcome to the forum kumakun :)

zeroK
May 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
You people get packages on weekends? :shock:

-TayloR-
May 8th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Well on saturdays yes we do, but Sundays nope we dont.

NightwishFreak
May 9th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Well on saturdays yes we do, but Sundays nope we dont.
Mannnn i cant wait to get my Hoary cd's. they should be here soo and then i shall share the joy that is Ubuntu with my friends!

Sam
May 9th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Woot! I await mine too! =P~

TravisNewman
May 9th, 2005, 03:31 AM
To those that got them-- did they change the top of the shipit page to let you know that they'd shipped?

LongTooth
May 9th, 2005, 03:37 AM
I received my order this Saturday. But I think there is a problem. God, I hope not but I can't see it as anything else. See post #18 of this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24775&page=2&pp=10

I've had problems burning and installing Hoary on my test box. The thread link above explains all my problems. Could this be a flaw? A bug? Have anyone else experienced the same issues?

I'd like feed back from the forum. Thanks.

gylf
May 9th, 2005, 11:38 AM
To those that got them-- did they change the top of the shipit page to let you know that they'd shipped?

Nope.

TravisNewman
May 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Too bad. That was one good thing about the Warty system. Ah well, won't be getting mine for a while since I got warty cds, but I'll be waiting patiently :)

EDIT: anyone have pics of the packaging?

wbeck85
May 10th, 2005, 02:59 AM
I got my CD's today, I live in Virginia, USA. The package was postmarked from the Netherlands. Wow, thats a hike. But anyway, these CD's look great. Very clean look, AMD64/EMT64 are yellow, x86 are a rich red. They come in cardstock(or whatever that tough, paper stuff is) sleeves That open like a book. Install CD on the left, Live CD on the right. Unfortunately I only got two of each. I'm regretting that now, I've already given an x86 away to a friend. I think I'll get like a dozen Breezys in six months when they are released.

wbeck85
May 10th, 2005, 03:35 AM
Too bad. That was one good thing about the Warty system. Ah well, won't be getting mine for a while since I got warty cds, but I'll be waiting patiently :)

EDIT: anyone have pics of the packaging?

I apoligze for the terrible quality of these pics, but the only camera that I have is my web cam, and it does a max of 640x480.

Well, actually, i suppose I could scan then in with my printer/scanner.... I'm kinda too lazy for that. Well, maybe I'll post back with more pixs later.
These are of the AMD64. I think they were taken while the camera was in 'mirror' mode, so the thext is backwords. I attatched them since they are only 27 kb each. I'll post again with the rest of the pics. I can attatch a max of five.

wbeck85
May 10th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Here are a few of the x86 cds. Again, sorry for the lack of quality.

And there's one of the little white thing they came in. I blurred that one on purpose, not that I dont trust you guys.... :)

WildTangent
May 10th, 2005, 04:20 AM
nice packaging, thatll look nice in the display case at work

-Wild

paul cooke
May 10th, 2005, 05:01 PM
got mine today (10th May) in Gloucester UK...

kewa
May 10th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Glad to hear you've got your CDs. When did you order them Paul?

Just wondering if they're still taking 4/6 weeks to UK in which case I've still got a while to go.

paul cooke
May 10th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Glad to hear you've got your CDs. When did you order them Paul?

Just wondering if they're still taking 4/6 weeks to UK in which case I've still got a while to go.
I ordered mine way back when I found out that they were going to use shipit for Hoary... that was several weeks before Hoary actually got released...

kewa
May 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks Paul. In that case I've probably got some time to wait before my first Linux adventure.

DXD
May 11th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Hopefully I get mine soon. \\:D/

tread
May 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I got mine yesterday .. in Duluth Minnesota. I had asked for them around the time they shopped shipping warty ..

pdk001
May 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
i haven't CD's yet in seoul, S.korea, i cant waiting for having CD's

ubuntu UsER
May 13th, 2005, 09:50 AM
I got mine too :grin:

A-star
May 13th, 2005, 10:06 AM
In Belgium no cd's here yet.

Azmodan
May 13th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I wish mine get here fast ! I ordered them months ago.

I am currently travelling around Canada and doing volunteer work. I currently work in a school and teachers would like to try it. But I'm only here for one two more weeks...

They already make their students use Mac for movies editing and Firefox for browsing in this school so they are pretty open to use new tools when they are good. Teachers who use (and like Ubuntu) means students who are going to use it soon.

Do I need to mention that it is a very good thing :)

AdamZ
May 13th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I just got mine today, Vancouver BC (Canada). And they came in BUBBLE-WRAP!!!! :D Twice the fun! Here are some higher quality images. The AMD64 and PowerPC cases and CDs are the same, except in their respective colours.
http://img70.echo.cx/img70/6376/p51300777yz.th.jpg (http://img70.echo.cx/my.php?image=p51300777yz.jpg)http://img70.echo.cx/img70/1418/p51300781co.th.jpg (http://img70.echo.cx/my.php?image=p51300781co.jpg)http://img70.echo.cx/img70/5572/p51300799dm.th.jpg (http://img70.echo.cx/my.php?image=p51300799dm.jpg)http://img70.echo.cx/img70/3509/p51300805nu.th.jpg (http://img70.echo.cx/my.php?image=p51300805nu.jpg)http://img70.echo.cx/img70/8412/p51300812kp.th.jpg (http://img70.echo.cx/my.php?image=p51300812kp.jpg)

Brikkah
May 13th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Hm, strange, if the CD's are postmarked from The Netherlands, why i don't have them? Because I live in The Netherlands and I ordered the CD's at the end of March.

When I login into Shipit I don't see a message that my order has been shipped? Anyone who has received CD's can login into shipit and can say if they got a confirmation ? Thanks

PS: I received succesfully the Warty CD's a while ago

AdamZ
May 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
My shipit page doesn't say that they've been shipped.

Brikkah
May 13th, 2005, 08:14 PM
My shipit page doesn't say that they've been shipped.

Ok that's good to hear :smile:
Now i have hope to receive them shortly

holomorph
May 16th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Oh good, Vancouver is close, hopefully that means I'll be getting mine here in Seattle sometime this week!

Of course, maybe to too :(

Maniak
May 16th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Yay :) in New Zealand and my CDs arrived today!

Tried the live CD on this computer and it worked!! (Warty 4.10 did not).

I did get impatient though and had downloaded and installed Hoary late April - on dial-up as well!! (only took 3 nights....) :|

pdk001
May 16th, 2005, 11:30 AM
in korea most people who have recieved hoary cd's is posted at www.kldp.org last friday but i still get cd's

GarySaved
May 16th, 2005, 10:32 PM
I got my CDs! \\:D/

As I am giving them out, I get weird looks when I tell people the disks were not only free, but they paid for the shipping, too!

So far everyone loves them.

Gary

moleculardeconstruction
May 17th, 2005, 03:38 AM
I got my CD's this morning. I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I ordered them about 2 months ago. I've already started handing them out to my friends. :)

drummer
May 17th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Mine arrived here yesterday in Sydney Australia...
ooh ahh... pretty Ubuntu CDs :)

SparkyDawg
May 18th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Damn, I want mine.

benplaut
May 18th, 2005, 08:04 AM
no word on them here in Hawaii :-x

mike998
May 18th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Got mine two days ago... Kept one, and now havae only three left!
If things keep going like this, I may have to order more for next time!

MemoryDump
May 18th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I just got mine today, Vancouver BC (Canada). And they came in BUBBLE-WRAP!!!! :D Twice the fun! Here are some higher quality images. The AMD64 and PowerPC cases and CDs are the same, except in their respective colours.

still waiting for mine :(
I'm 4 hrs north of Toronto, Ontario. Hopefully they will be here soon before there's another release! ;)

rrenomeron
May 18th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Mine just arrived today.

Interesting thing, though: Mine were postmarked from Brooklyn, NY (US), not the Netherlands as some others I've seen on this thread. It also had a sticker on it that says:

If undeliverable, please return to:
SPI - C/O 077 MTS
<Some Address>
Brooklyn, NY 11232

I wonder if Software in the Public Interest is helping with the distribution.

muzza
May 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Mine arrived yesterday in SE Queensland,. I ordered them about 2-3 weeks before official release, you do the maths.

Being the impatient soul that I am, I'd already sourced burned copies of Warty, then Hoary for x86 and PPC. The official ones look slick, don't they!

Has anyone had negative response from friends? I'm not sure how to go about distributing to my friends as I know how much tweaking is involved, and none of my potential convertees are likely to have the knowlege or desire to get Ubuntu right when their ******* or OSX machines work fine.

I predict that I will be spending considerable time in front of some different monitors in the near future.

EDIT
BTW mine were postmarked Zurich, Switzerland.

Bander
May 19th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Mine showed up today in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. I need to find myself an AMD64 system... And the next time I have to restart the Powerbook, I'll take the PowerPC version for a drive.

I've been a fan since Warty, and Hoary is just excellent all-around. I'm really looking forward to giving away a few of the x86 sets.

Thanks and props to the Ubuntu team.

Nick

dhm
May 19th, 2005, 06:20 PM
ooo... Silver Spring.
I'm in Bethesda... (runs to office mailbox) ... well not here yet.

I hope the IT guys at the office didn't steal them.

Rule
May 19th, 2005, 06:34 PM
SWEET!!!!! I just mine today and they look sweet now to give them out again :D

Jenda
May 19th, 2005, 07:43 PM
My own shipit CDs will be waiting for me to arrive... in Prague, Czech Republic, since I'm now in Canada and coming back in two months. I'd expect them to come sometime around NOW...

darthsabbath
May 24th, 2005, 04:24 AM
w00t! Got mine in today!

Pretty swanky :D

One thing I did notice, and I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but... there's
no mention of any Hoary Hedgehog's on these CDs. Guess this was to look professional.

Gonna definitely order more to give out!

Phil

Chaos5lw
June 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Hey, was wonderin if anyones had any probs with customs gettin these disks into the UK?

I only want to order one i386 CD so i dont see as it should be a problem.

Also has anyone had any problems like this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24775&page=1&pp=10
with the pressed cds?

Thanks.

WildTangent
June 4th, 2005, 10:30 PM
i ordered mine about 4 weeks ago, havent seen em yet :(

-Wild