PDA

View Full Version : Family/community website/CMS

bomanizer
December 20th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Hello there. I was not sure where to post this, so I tougth I'd start here at the Cafe.

I'm looking into building a community site for my family and relatives. The functionality would be something similar to CMS systems, with blogs, forums, galleries, etc. where registered users could submit content. I'm asking for any experiences on CMS systems for this kind of use. I've done some tinkering with Joomla, but I'm searching for other alternatives. Any help and comments are appreciated!

mustang
December 20th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I'm using Drupal right now. Seems pretty good---good community with tons of add-ons (modules). No problems with it.

luca.b
December 22nd, 2006, 12:14 AM
I've found e107 to be quite nice, although somewhat complex to configure (a lot of options). I tried Mambo/Joomla! but I found them to be quite lacking, so I don't recommend them.

andlinux21
December 24th, 2006, 07:23 PM
I will try Drupal I had been using Mambo which was a easy setup but I didnt know how to make my own themes. Joomla was a very easy transition for me Drupal looks nice I just hope its faster I dont like the speed of my joomla site.