PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a nerd

slimdog360
December 17th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I was just changing channels on tv and for a few seconds there I was trying to remember what button to press to open a new tab in my tv.
#-o

Gargamella
December 17th, 2006, 11:32 AM
A similar thing happened to me when coding a lot on flash MX, I was thinking how to do in flash what I was seeing on tv.

xyz
December 17th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Oh boy! This Ubuntu thing's really growing on you! lol!
I do similar things lots of time! Maybe I should start a new thread:
"Ubuntu's getting into your private life? Post here!"
lol!
Anyways you're not alone!

Cyvros
December 17th, 2006, 12:08 PM
First post here, so hello. :D

I'm not sure how bad my case is, but there are times when I've been looking for tabs outside of home. I also have this thing (slightly related) where I (because I touch-type) air-type to check the spelling of something... <_<

xyz
December 17th, 2006, 12:47 PM
there are times when I've been looking for tabs outside of home...
Don't go out anymore!! toooo dangerous!!

finalbeta
December 17th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I've actually had cases where I started talking English against people. Just a few words before I go back 2 dutch.
Chatting 2 much on IRC can hurt you :/.

As long as I don't suddenly start talking Java or stuff, I think I'll be OK.

TLE
December 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Once taking a introductory Java programming course and having spent way to much time messing with it. I took a break and then noticed that I was actually trying to figure out how to optimize the algorithm of 1. Putting bread on the toaster 2. Making coffee and 3. Going to the bathroom. So that I would have the least amount of time lost waiting for things to finish...

finalbeta
December 17th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Once taking a introductory Java programming course and having spent way to much time messing with it. I took a break and then noticed that I was actually trying to figure out how to optimize the algorithm of 1. Putting bread on the toaster 2. Making coffee and 3. Going to the bathroom. So that I would have the least amount of time lost waiting for things to finish...

That I more then know. Often I keep programming for two days. Then when I go to sleep. I keep working on it.
I keep coding, compiling, debugging, and I actually fix things. Often the day after I start rewriting large portions of the code.

total wormage
December 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
hehehe
yesterday i played super smash brothers on the gamecube in slow motion mode, after that it took me a full hour to recalibrate my moving. while we were eating i had trouble timing my reaching for spoons and plates. scared me a bit :p

further more i have WAY too much moments when the computer world gets involved in my thinking, so much i am actually ashamed of telling them :p
(and i have a lot of dreams in which i edit anchor points in inkscape / illustrator :p)

TooRight
December 17th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Lmaooo @ trying to open a tab on the tv... *sighs... if only... heheh

I am constantly seeing stuff "in real life" or on the tv and then my mind starts working on how to recreate it in some graphics. I've also become obsessed with checking out the fonts and looks of signs, movie intros, posters, everything and mentally cataloguing the font, noting the bevel, shadows, etc used. OMGGG, and website scripts!! Friends will send me a url, "check out this article", or "Look at this cool pic!" and I click on the url, and instead of seeing what I'm supposed to see, instead I'm checking out the script used, figuring out what programming is used on the site etc, lol, drives them nuts!! :D

I think I'm spending far too much on the comp :P

shining
December 17th, 2006, 04:26 PM
The first time it scared me a bit, is when I was in the car, looking at the road, the other cars and the landscape, and was thinking like: wow, the graphics in this car game are so nice and realistic, I want the same on my computer..

patrick295767
December 17th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Oh boy! This Ubuntu thing's really growing on you! lol!
I do similar things lots of time! Maybe I should start a new thread:
"Ubuntu's getting into your private life? Post here!"
lol!
Anyways you're not alone!

I am curious too about the replies ....
Fell free to start it ! :) :)

iPower
December 17th, 2006, 04:34 PM
a realy old one :)
i sometimes gave people my icq number when they asked for my phone number

Christmas
December 17th, 2006, 04:35 PM
When I had my new computer I played a lot (I mean hours and hours a day) Red Alert 2 then when I saw a movie I had this feeling of "selecting" the characters and ordering them to move :)

It was here on the forums if I recall correctly that I read about an explanation on this. Something called the "Tetris Effect".

BWF89
December 17th, 2006, 06:09 PM
A few years ago I was playing an online FPS game for many many hours.

I went to turn around in real life to grab a pen to take down a note of the time of a clan match on the dining room table behind the computer. I kept moving my mouse left to turn around, picking it up, and moving it left again but I couldn't turn around. I than realized I couldn't use my the keyboard and mouse to turn around in real life.

djlyx
December 24th, 2006, 04:51 AM
I was driving on the highway at night, I looked up at an illumnated billboard with two ads on either side. It reminded me of compiz/beryl, when you spin the cube. It was a weird feeling.