PDA

View Full Version : Ausu A7F-7S004H wireless... what is it?

encompass
December 17th, 2006, 06:26 AM
After a review of recommendations have have decided to look more at this model of computer...
A7F-7S004H
From this site,,,
http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/prodinfo.php?id=17581
But I can't find out the model of the wireless card. No one from that place knows and the asus website techsupport won't help me either. They will only tell me it is an ABG wireless card.
I have tried downloading the windows drivers but can never get a ful download. It keeps kicking me off.
The manual doesn't tell me any details.
Normally I would use my trust old pcmcia card BUT this model doesn't have pcmcia. grrr!
I am hoping someone out here on the forums could find out. Perhaps see it at a store or find a friend with this model. (The celeron version the faster ones have centrino so they would work.) I hope we could find out as a community it would be neat to see us all come together for this.
Thanks, and if you have any further ideas. Tell me what you think.

mips
December 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
That series seems to be using Intel wireless chipsets. Why do I say this ? Well they seem to be centrino certified which means it must have a intel wireless chipset. On the website there is only one driver for the entire A7F- range so that also leads me to believe it is intel.

I'm downloading the driver know and will let you know about the contents of the zip file.

mips
December 17th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Ok, I downloaded the driver file for the A7f- series of laptops.

Inside the zip file is an 'apps' & 'driver' folder.

The driver folder only contains two .inf files, NETw39x5,inf & w29n51.inf

I opened the .inf files and the results are as follows:
w29n51.inf= Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection Adapter
NETw39x5.inf= Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG LAN Adapters

So there you have it. That laptop will come with one of the above Intel chipsets. Hope this clears it up for you.

encompass
December 17th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Mips, you have convinced me. Good gosh... why don't people like you get jobs like that. I know! Because you probably have something so much better for a job.
Kittos! (Thanks)
I think I will purchased that one. I wish I could go with the faster processor like the duo series, but jsut can't afford it when my bad vision needs the bigger screen.
Your a life saver. I will right up a report and your nick will be in it. Thanks!