PDA

View Full Version : Two very small suggestions

mattheweast
December 16th, 2006, 08:29 PM
The forum theme is looking really good at the moment. One thing - you can't see links in the brown bar near the top of each page, unless you mouse-over them.

For example, on the Feisty forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179), you can't see that there is a link there.

Feisty Fawn Discussions Discuss the development of Feisty Fawn here.
Please note developers are not very active here. If you wish to file a bug report please do so here.

In that quote, the word "here" is a link.

Also, if you thought that was a minor complaint, check this one out - it's a bad idea to use the word "here" as link text; instead you should consider using some descriptive text, such as "please do so on the Ubuntu bug tracker".

ubuntu-geek
December 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Interesting how people notice things when things aren't really changed or have been a certain way for months.. shrug i'll make some changes

mattheweast
December 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I wasn't intending to point out a change - simply a small bug. Obviously, the smaller the bug, the longer it will generally take to get noticed, because it's less prominent and/or important.

No need to react badly about it - I mentioned that they were very small points both in the post itself, and the title. This is a forum for feedback, so I fed back.

As I said in the OP, the forum is looking great nowadays.

ubuntu-geek
December 16th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks for doing so. I took your advice on changing here to Ubuntu bug tracker.. i'll make the link show up better as well.

btw, wasn't reacting bad just saying.. :)

mattheweast
December 16th, 2006, 11:38 PM
:)