PDA

View Full Version : 11 Most Dangerous Toys

BWF89
December 16th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Brought to you by Slashdot for the holidays. Enjoy.

http://www.radarmagazine.com/features/2006/12/toys.php

esaym
December 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Ha

Some good ones

dbbolton
December 16th, 2006, 05:09 PM
i want the atomic energy lab for christmas

s_h_a_d_o_w_s
December 16th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I had the flying-barbie spinner thing and it does hurt. Chuck e cheese is such a rip.

zcal
December 16th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Last month, Target recalled 10 of its Kool Toyz-brand play sets, citing hazards like "lead paint," "sharp points," and "puncture wound potential."

Lead paint? In toys? Are you kidding me? ](*,)

Polygon
December 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
But six years later, the Sky Dancer was grounded. When spun aloft, the wings—which felt so soft and cushy in the aisles of Toys "R" Us—turned into steely-hard child manglers. In 2000, the CPSC announced that over 150 children fell prey to Sky Dancer's helicopter-blade arms and erratic "Oh-Jesus-it's-chasing-me!" flying patterns. Injuries included scratched corneas and temporary blindness, mild concussions, broken ribs and teeth, and facial lacerations that required stitches.

lol

patrick295767
December 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evaluate wisely what you will buy to your childs for christmas !

The website is showing sthg I saw of my eyes: childs playing with darts and one got one into the leg. He was lucky. Parents are highly responsible

mcduck
December 16th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think the Atomic Energy lab was very nice, and the doll that eats your fingers was kind of scary :D

s_h_a_d_o_w_s
December 16th, 2006, 08:04 PM
It's hard to imagien toy developers not considering kids have fingers that can be chopped off.

smoker
December 16th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I think the Atomic Energy lab was very nice, and the doll that eats your fingers was kind of scary :D

don't these toy designers have any commonsense? or, are they all secret sadist child haters?

anyway, what did i do with that spent uranium from the energy lab:D :D :D

Stew2
December 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Atomic energy lab... loads of fun until your hair starts falling out! :D

Regards,
Stew2

BWF89
December 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Christmas bump

mindstorm011
December 26th, 2006, 03:13 AM
i wonder why some of these were even sold....

the doll that eats fingers must be like chucky's g/f or something...lol

EDIT:http://chuckysgf.ytmnd.com/ :D

~LoKe
December 26th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Think of the time all these toys were released. They didn't go through thorough testing like todays stuff. Mind you, I'm not syaing our toys nowadays don't have their occasional problem, but it's usually not such large oversights. With hindsight we can see how stupid these people must have been, but they weren't thinking "Hey, would it be possible for this doll to chew on someones fingers?"

You'd have to be insane to go through that thought processes. But as I said, now toy makers are a little more conscious of the possible risks, because of accidents like this. Learn from your mistakes.

EDIT: And whoever stabbed themselves/someone else with those lawn darts are quite stupid, to say the least. First of all, where were the parents? I mean, parents should obviously realize that anything with a giant spike specifically intended to drill into the ground could be dangerous. And who stands at the other end while someone's throwing these things?

Toy makers probably assumed common sense would invoke itself when needed. I'm sure there were certain warnings on the boxes, "Caution: whatever whatever."

rowanparker
December 27th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I have one of those disco light balls! Although the bulb's gone, and I guess thats a good thing.

TooRight
December 28th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I remember when my girls were younger and we were looking at some lego sets to get them. The Pirate Ship one looked reallyyy good, but then we noticed that the top of the mast came to a point, and knowing how often lego pieces seem to stick together and need to be wrenched apart, we worried that that they'd get it in the eye. My mil thought i was being too paranoiud, but we stuck to our guns... good thing too.

Our neighbours bought the exact set for their daughter and the day after xmas, the father was trying to pull the mast off for his daughter, gave it a hard yank, and pierced himself in the eye with the tip!! He couldn't work for almost a year and for 6 months had to walk around wearing an eyepatch and all bent over with his face parallel to the ground (something to do with the fluid in his eye).

Kittie Rose
December 28th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Megatron. The original one.

Because of it's resemblence to a real Walther P38, you can technically do hold ups with it.

Also, it's dangerous to parents who have the explain the trigger crotch.

firenurse4
December 28th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Personally I liked the Johnny Reb Cannon the best. That reminded me of my older brothers cannon he made in metal shop. That a spent C cell and an a little black powder made for lots of fun!!! :twisted:

Of course the lawn jarts ruled. :mrgreen:

hypnotic_frog
December 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I have darts!

Dangerous but cool! :D