PDA

View Full Version : Project Management Software.

mc_cgp
May 5th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Hi,

Looking for advice on Project Management Software.

TIA,

Burgundavia
May 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM
You looking for MS project on linux?

You might need Imenio Planner, under planner in the repos.

Corey

nobodysbusiness
May 5th, 2005, 08:29 PM
At work, we've used a piece of open source software called OpenWorkbench. Unfortunately, I just looked them up and they're windows only at the moment. :|

jwb
May 5th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I highly suggest dotProject, an open sourced, PHP/MySQL based PM that is fabulous.

We've used it here in my company for over a year now and it has been great. It has a ticket system, forums, project management (extensive project management), file sharing, contacts, calendars and more.

The install was easy, we were able to have it up and running and USEFUL in 1 day.

We've used it for project management between 2 groups involved in online development, but we are looking at it to roll out on a much larger basis. (I work for a 400+ person company, and it looks like it will work nicely on that scale or even larger.)

I can't say enough good about it. And since it's open source- you can even dig away at it's source to add your own improvements. But it's full featured right out of the box (or .tar as the case may be). ;-)

http://www.dotproject.net/

mc_cgp
May 5th, 2005, 11:27 PM
You looking for MS project on linux?

You might need Imenio Planner, under planner in the repos.

Corey

No, an OSS more in line with Project Life Cycle, Resources, Risk, Cost, Reporting, Macro Plan.

TIA

mc_cgp
May 5th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I highly suggest dotProject, an open sourced, PHP/MySQL based PM that is fabulous.

We've used it here in my company for over a year now and it has been great. It has a ticket system, forums, project management (extensive project management), file sharing, contacts, calendars and more.

The install was easy, we were able to have it up and running and USEFUL in 1 day.

We've used it for project management between 2 groups involved in online development, but we are looking at it to roll out on a much larger basis. (I work for a 400+ person company, and it looks like it will work nicely on that scale or even larger.)

I can't say enough good about it. And since it's open source- you can even dig away at it's source to add your own improvements. But it's full featured right out of the box (or .tar as the case may be). ;-)

http://www.dotproject.net/

Thanks for the tip, does it do timesheets/timereport?

TIA

mc_cgp
May 13th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Hi,

the sortlist is dotProject and GForge, would apreciate any info/experience in any of this pakages (install, suport, features)

Thanks

InetManager
May 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM
At work we are using ezManagement. It's very comfortable system. It have online calendar, personal reminder, many other features. I can assign certain tasks to my employees and colleagues, they can write reports to me about their tasks. I like this system http://ezmanagement.com