PDA

View Full Version : Things magically working

mushroom
December 15th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I don't get it. I stop using Konqueror for a while and switch to Opera, because it kept rendering pages incorrectly. I come back to Konqueror just for the heck of it and suddenly it works fantastically. I've been using it for a week and not one page comes up misrendered. Another example: I stop using Beryl for a bit because fullscreen h.264 video playback was choppy, and the performance degraded over time until I had to restart X altogether. Now I come back to it (because who can leave Beryl?), and I've had it running for a week. Not a single stutter. There have been some updates to KDE in the past few days, so maybe I'm just lucky and one of those upgrades was "fix everything mushroom hates about Konqueror". But I've been running Beryl 0.1.3 for a while now without upgrade, and it's just now running smoothly. I'm very happy that I can use a better integrated browser and an accelerated window manager full-time, but it's still a bit strange. Are my apps getting jealous or something?

That said, any fullscreen OpenGL app I run under Beryl produces a white screen. Maybe if I wait a while...

codypumper
December 16th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Are you a newbie? A Ubuntu, any linux really, computer has feelings and emotions.
Thing is your computer is probably simply warming up to you.
Did you recently clean your keyboard? Mine likes that.

eriefisher
December 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Mine likes me to speak softly into the microphone. you know sexy like.

mushroom
December 16th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Perhaps if I buy it a donut?

eriefisher
December 16th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Who doesn't like donuts.

Iarwain ben-adar
December 16th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Mine likes soda :KS

Iarwain

dbbolton
December 16th, 2006, 12:38 AM
you have an included cup holder, right ?

;)

eriefisher
December 16th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Open CD tray>>>insert cup.

Iarwain ben-adar
December 16th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Haven't thought of that :D

Btw,
the humor on this forum rocks! :KS

Iarwain

illu45
December 16th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Open CD tray>>>insert cup.

Don't tell me you're still using Cup Holder v2.0... You should upgrade to a DVD drive, much shorter drink times :D

eriefisher
December 16th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Actually it is a dvd. The drink time is the same only bigger.