PDA

View Full Version : Youthlug

ubageek
December 14th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Has anyone heard about YouthLug that was started by cbx33. I happen to be a member of his YouthLug teem and I feel that the idea of a group of young linux fanatics combined with one or two :twisted:windows:twisted: users is a good way of learning about ofthe distroes and other apps that have become useful to all of us. Although the first episode of YouthLug is still under creation since we do run from a school and we only get two periods a week to do it. Even though I am at collage myself I make sure that I make time to attened the weekly mmetings for the YouthLug teem. This Podcast should also give a good representation of what the younger genaration think of linux. If you would like to post your opinion of YouthLug them please do.:)

sailingboarder
December 14th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Youthlug sounds like a very good idea
since i am still in highschool, i would love to learn more about it and possibly join
ubageek, where can i find the podcast that you mentioned?

Tipo
December 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah, this sounds like a cool idea.

If no podcast is available yet is there a website/url where the podcast will be put?

ubageek
December 14th, 2006, 11:29 PM
For more info on YouthLug go to 'http://www.progbox.co.uk/wordpress/?cat=3' this is a site where cbx33 posts most of his info regarding YouhLug. Also it is good to see that other people think that this is a good idea sinse we run from a school in the UK and it informs not only peeple on the net but students from in the school about the other operating systems as aposed to windows or mac. I myself am now at collage and I Still go back to the secondary school were the YouthLug teem is based just so I can talk about my views and problems for Xubuntu, most of which are presented in the first episode of YouthLug which should be finished soon.:D

cbx33
December 15th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Hey there guys,

YouthLUG is open to all, especially those who are still in education. We are currently working on the website, and plan to have meetings and a podcast very shortly. There is already some recorded material for YouthLUG, I just have to cut it all together.

The meetings will be held on IRC, so stick around, I'll be posting up a link to the mailing list soon.

Pete Savage

aka cbx33 :-#