PDA

View Full Version : What is a Btter Name for my Thread?

user1397
December 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
What do you think would be a better name for this thread of mine:
HOWTO: correctly install/remove k/x/ed/ubuntu-desktop packages (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205002) ?

Please give suggestions, or tell me if the current name is good enough.

The purpose of changing it would be s that it has a farther outreach to people---I have a feeling that when people search for that topic, they don't search for those terms.

user1397
December 12th, 2006, 10:02 PM
no, nothing?

lyceum
December 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Multiple DE? Your thread name is fine. Nice thread, by the way.

user1397
December 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Multiple DE? Your thread name is fine. Nice thread, by the way.thanks

user1397
December 13th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Does 'Installing the Different Desktop Environments' like the title in my sig sound better than its actual name?

potrick
December 15th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I like that better, but you might want to add something about removing there. I know you're trying to make things simple but I think most people know how to apt-get install kubuntu-desktop, but don't know how to properly remove it. So removal is the key advantage of your thread, I think.

user1397
December 15th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I like that better, but you might want to add something about removing there. I know you're trying to make things simple but I think most people know how to apt-get install kubuntu-desktop, but don't know how to properly remove it. So removal is the key advantage of your thread, I think.then maybe you haven't read my thread! It does include instructions on how to remove it, both with aptitude and with apt-get (I use aysiu's page for the apt-get instructions)

and thanks for your opinion