PDA

View Full Version : request: gnomeboyadvance

McQuaid
May 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM
This is a gnome front end to visualboyadvance. I have it in debian sid, can't recall if it's official or not but I believe it is official on the debian side.

defkewl
May 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM
So why don't you just download it from debian repo? :D

McQuaid
May 4th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Your joking right?

Technoviking
May 4th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I have made one and sent it to jdong.

Mike

jdong
May 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I've added Mike's package to my local working copy, and it'll be uploaded with aDesklets once this 40MB monster (Adobe Acrobat Reader 7) finishes.

Technoviking
May 4th, 2005, 10:40 PM
So why don't you just download it from debian repo? :D
The one from the debian repo has depenancy problem with python 2.4.1, my package fixes that.

Mike

McQuaid
May 8th, 2005, 07:03 PM
thanks a lot. I really have to learn how to package stuff. Giving a glance over the deb maintainer's guide it assumes your starting from source. Most of these backports are using the debian's src file correct? Is there a smaller guide going on the assumption you already have a src deb? I'd like to give it a go.

Btw How did you fix the python 2.4.1 dependency problem? I was about to install python 2.3 to satisfy the deb all pkg from the programs site but held off to see if someone would package it here.

obvious_ron
July 25th, 2005, 12:06 PM
The one from the debian repo has depenancy problem with python 2.4.1, my package fixes that.

Mike

What do I search for in Synaptic and where do I search for it?

kazuya
October 26th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Does the joystick work for gnomeboyadvance? Where do you get it from? debian sid or universe? I seem to find gnuboy instead. And the deb for gnomeboy adavance I find, never install successfully?

Is there a required kernel, vga, gamepad, or repository? Is directX required? ogg splitter, etc?

I own a saitek pad.

Technoviking
October 27th, 2005, 09:12 PM
New instructions for installing gnomeboyadvance under Breezy at:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=448163#post448163

I'm not adding it to the backports since it was not built from offical Ubuntu source files.

Mike