PDA

View Full Version : I stumbled on to this thread

OffHand
December 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I was looking for some info on the net when I found this very amusing thread:

http://tech.netscape.com/story/2006/12/02/windows-vista-tip-run-as-administrator

Kernel Sanders
December 11th, 2006, 08:55 PM
John doesnt get it

K.Mandla
December 11th, 2006, 09:11 PM
http://tech.netscape.com/story/2006/12/02/windows-vista-tip-run-as-administrator
That's great. So much for all those new security features.

mcduck
December 12th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Buahahaa.. But after seeing all the popups my friends get with Vista I can somewhat understand why people are ready to do things like that to make their desktop experience nicer. :rolleyes:

lwr
December 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I love the way Microsoft try to copy the great security features of distros like Ubuntu, but manage to make it so insanely annoying that people are just going to disable it. Nice one.

OffHand
December 12th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I love the way Microsoft try to copy the great security features of distros like Ubuntu, but manage to make it so insanely annoying that people are just going to disable it. Nice one.

In what way is it different than how Linux handles security features? Don't they, like us, have to type their password in order to do administrative tasks?

Sef
December 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM
That's great. So much for all those new security features.

It has been reported that 3 of 10 popular viruses for XP will work on Vista. Will supply a link if I can find the article.

mcduck
December 12th, 2006, 03:01 PM
In what way is it different than how Linux handles security features? Don't they, like us, have to type their password in order to do administrative tasks?

yes they do, and also click 'ok', 'yes', 'I want to do this', 'I really want to do this' etc. while doing even basic tasks..

lwr
December 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM

I tested out Vista for a bit, and this was probably the most annoying thing. The screen completely blacks, it plays a little sound effect, makes sure you really really want to continue, you have to enter your password, then it eventually goes back to your install, as in XP. And somehow it takes about 10 times longer than the security features in Ubuntu.